Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Why am I getting 'Important Quicken update available' but check for update says I've got the latest

Quicken for Windows 10 (Canada)
Year: 2019 Version: R25.22 Build: 27.1.25.22 Edition: Canada
Browser: Firefox version 76.0.2 (64-bit)
Windows 10 Home Version: 1909 OS Build:18363.778

When I initiate one-step update, I get a pop-up saying there's an important Quicken update available, but when I check for updates, I get the response that I've got the latest version (r25.22)

Answers

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you click on the "here" in the dialog? That should get you the patch in the form of a .EXE file you can run to get the update.
    The explanation for your issue is that Quicken releases are staged. You missed the first wave, where Quicken waits to see whether users find issues. Now you can either wait for the final wave or download by clicking the "here" link.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Michael 49Michael 49 Member ✭✭
    Got a bugsplat when I clicked on the manual update. Have submitted bugsplat reports 08May20 around 08:50PDT
  • mpfc75mpfc75 Member ✭✭
    I am seeing similar results as Michael 49. I open Quicken and I'm presented with the same dialog as shown by Michael 49.

I clicked the 'here' link and a page opens in my browser to https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product. The latest update on this page is the one that I am currently running.

If I go to Help>Check for Updates within Quicken I get a dialog that says "You already have the latest version of Quicken R25.22 )."
  • ArdeelArdeel Member ✭✭
    I have downloaded and run the so called update twice but the version number and build stay the same. I have about 7 separate investment files and I get the same message when I open each file. I have finally unticked the "later" button to get rid of this annoying message.
This discussion has been closed.