Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why can't I email invoices?

When I try to email and invoice to a client Quicken says it was sent but clients never get the email invoice. Worked fine yesterday but can't email today. I can send and receive emails using Outlook just fine. Quicken email doesn't work. Help.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription doesn't use Outlook to email invoices. Have you tried restarting your computer? 
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Stuart Schmitt
    Stuart Schmitt Member ✭✭
    I have updated Quicken and restarted my computer. I’ve tried emailing several invoices to myself and Quicken says “email mailed successfully”. Still no emails. I know Quicken Subscription doesn't use Outlook to email. It use to and I wish it still did.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Is your email a yahoo.com address by any chance? Do you have another email address you can try?
  • Stuart Schmitt
    Stuart Schmitt Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have my own email address thru my website host "hostpapa". I tried sending it to my old gmail address and it worked. Wonder why [emailed removed] stopped working. I do screen my email thru Mailwasher. When I sent a test email from outlook it works fine. When I send the email from Quicken it never shows up in Mailwasher. Weird. Thanks for all your help...so far. Keep it up.
  • Stuart Schmitt
    Stuart Schmitt Member ✭✭
    Need more help. Quicken will not now email invoices to any email address even though it says they were sent. This is hurting my business. How do I fix quicken?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I would suggest printing each invoice as a PDF and then emailing using Outlook until you can get email from Quicken working.
  • Stuart Schmitt
    Stuart Schmitt Member ✭✭
    Thanks Greg. Will try that. How can I get Quicken to look in to the problem?
  • Greg_the_Geek
  • Stuart Schmitt
    Stuart Schmitt Member ✭✭
    I talked to Quicken tech support and they told me my web site host "HostPapa" was blocking the emails coming from Quicken. I've been talking to HostPapa tech support and they said, "There must be some configuration in Quicken so you could configure your SMTP settings. Can you please reach their support and ask them for assistance with configuring the SMTP settings?" Can you help with this?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    There are no SMTP settings in Quicken. Quicken uses their own SMTP server to send email from the Quicken program. I never thought the change was a good idea or they should have given users the option to use a local email client. I would suggest contacting Quicken Customer Care again and ask for second level support.
  • Stuart Schmitt
    Stuart Schmitt Member ✭✭
    Hi Greg, I just got this from hostpapa tech support. " Apologies for all the questions and the confusion here, but I am trying to understand what is the actual root of the issue and the best solution to resolve the issue. From this response, I can understand that the email from Quicken is not being sent from your email address but it is using an email address from the Quicken server? If this is correct, I can confirm that we do not have any incoming spam filter on the server, but in order to find out if the email has reached the server at all, please ask them for the exact email address from which the email should have been delivered." Can you answer this question? I still can't email any invoices from any of my email address or to any email address. This is very frustrating.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I attached a PDF with the email headers of an invoice sent from Quicken to myself. Hopefully it will help the hostpapa tech support resolve the problem.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I attached a PDF with the email headers of an invoice sent from Quicken to myself. Hopefully it will help the hostpapa tech support resolve the problem.
    And people think that email is easy >:)
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.