I run Quicken for windows 2001 Deluxe and I can't add standing orders

This discussion was created from comments split from: Type of transaction missing for Bills or standing orders with Quicken 2001.

Comments

• Liam Greeff
    Liam Greeff Member
    Hi. I run Quicken for windows 2001 Deluxe and I can't add standing orders because the Type of Transaction drop down has no content. I run windows 10 enterprise. My version of Quicken was purchased, I have the disk and the serial number. I have tried to upgrade, but I live in South Africa and the newer versions don't fit my needs. My problem and screen is the same as hyamra above. Any help will be much appreciated.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Is this US Quicken?  How about a screenshot of Help->About Quicken so that we can see exactly what it is?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2020
    A "Standing Order" sounds much like a "Scheduled Transaction" ...  but the term "Standing Order" isn't used in Q US or Q Canada.
    So what Q product are you running?  One of the discontinued European products or Quicken Australia (now known as Reckon)?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Liam Greeff
    Liam Greeff Member
    Hi. Thank you for taking the time to have a look. I have included a screenshot. With regards to help>about quicken, it says Quicken 2001 deluxe Release R 1. I am happy to upgrade to a comparable product?
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, when creating scheduled transactions in the US version, that field doesn't exist in the User Interface (it's the check number field).  There's a suggestion to add it to the US version here.  That's means that upgrading won't solve your current problem I'm afraid.

Can you just type in "StdOrd" or similar to that box with selecting from the drop down list?  If that won't work, the other thing you could try is to create an actual transaction in the register with the standing order field completed as you want it to be, then memorise that transaction - it might then capture the value in the field into your scheduled transaction.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • Liam Greeff
    Liam Greeff Member
    Hi Dan. No luck, neither options work. Thank you for trying. Stay safe from South Africa. Liam
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry that hasn’t solved the problem. The only other thing I can suggest is to run your version of Quicken in compatibility mode on Windows 10 and see if you have any luck with that. 

US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
This discussion has been closed.