Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken spontaneously changed the date for 8 transactions in an investment account

I have just discovered that Quicken spontaneously changed the date for eight transactions in one of my investment accounts.

The transactions all occurred in October 2013. Quicken changed the dates of these transactions to October 2005.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

More info:
- I never update this account via download; I always reconcile manually against statements
- I am running Windows 10 and it crashed recently with Quicken open. Could this have caused the problem?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Bur Davis

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would start by running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Bur Davis
    Bur Davis Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka , Your answer misses the point. I already have discovered the issue.

I am asking: has anyone else experienced data integrity issues such as this?

For the record, I ran 'Validate and Repair' last week *before* I discovered this issue and it did not flag the issue. I discovered this issue on my own. I also was forced to fix the issue on my own.

I have seen Quicken destroy pre-existing data such that field values turned into garbage. But I have never seen Quicken change dates, let alone in such a precise and limited manner (changing just the year for just eight transactions).

Again, I am asking: has anyone else experienced data integrity issues such as this?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    You state that your computer crashed while Q was open.  There's an EXTREMELY HIGH likelihood that was when your data was corrupted.  And, you never stated in your original message that you'd already done a Validation.
    A simple File Validations fixes many, but not all issues.
    BUT, since you appear to want to contest matters rather than seek help .... I'm outta here.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.