Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken crashes when using a bill reminder in the bills and income section

I have Quicken Premier for Windows. The last 2-3 days, every time is use bill pay in the bills and income section to pay a bill, Quicken crashes. I think the bill goes through because I'm getting an email from the payee acknowledging the payment, but the payment is not showing up in my register. I have the most current version, R26.21. Any ideas how to fix this?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try starting with a file validation to check for data corruption. File>File Operations>Validate.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Tried that, and I think it completed the validate and repair, then it crashed. I got a validate and repair report. Then I restarted the computer. I tried to do validate and repair again just to see if it would complete, and now it crashed immediately on starting the validate and repair. When I try to reopen Quicken, it says it can't find my data file. The only way that I can fix that is to reboot the computer. So i'm not sure anything is fixed.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    For whatever reason your data file may be corrupt beyond repair. At this point you have two options. You can reinstall Quicken in the hopes that the installation impacted the validate process(doubtful) available here.
    Or, you can restore from a recent backup. Perform a validate on the backup file until you get one the completes successfully.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
This discussion has been closed.