quicken 2017

hello i have quicken 2017 i also have a current subscription to quicken can i still auto update my accounts in 2017 since i do have a valid subscription?

Best Answer

Answers

• barkerm
    barkerm Member ✭✭
    2017 WAS working if you downloaded the QFX file from your bank (or other financial institution) you could import it. The last update turned that off! I'm still waiting for a good explanation for that one. The Import function was built in to Quicken 2017, and I can download the QFX to my computer. Now Import is disabled?! Wow! So, why? I also don't need all the cloud based features, sync to every device, etc. How about a new "simple" version, low cost, non-subscription that works just like 2017 with manual QFX imports?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken products contain online services such as transaction download and online bill pay. A purchase of a Quicken product license includes the ability to use these online services until the discontinuation date (listed in the chart above).

On the corresponding date for your Quicken product, these connected services will expire and be discontinued:

• Online bill pay
    • Downloading and/or importing financial data
    • Downloading stock quotes, news headlines and other financial information into Quicken
    • Uploading portfolio information from Quicken to Quicken.com
    • Live Support
    • Software patches and updates
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    barkerm said:
    The last update turned that off!

No it didn't.  Before Quicken will import a QFX file it contacts a Quicken server to see if the financial institution is a "participating partner", if the answer is no, or it can't contact the server it will not import the transactions.  On 5/1/2020 Quicken Inc flipped the switch on the server to deny Quicken 2017 from getting a "yes" answer.

The change is on the servers, not with your program.  If it was just your program you could just go back to an earlier version of Quicken and it would work.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • barkerm
    barkerm Member ✭✭
    Well, that's odd. I didn't let the update install (let it nag for several sessions) until last Friday, the 15th. The import worked until I let the update install. So it's quite apparent that the update shut off the ability to import, unless it was a huge coincidence that the update to my computer and the server happened simultaneously.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @bakerrm Feel free to go back to the older patch:

You can install which ever version of Mondo patch you like from my site and it will reverse the version:
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.