Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Manage Accounts and Transactions (Windows)

Item Column in Register with Reporting

I would like another column added to the register to be used a item/product number.
This would allow easier searching for a particular purchase and tracking the items price on a report
Tagged:
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that the Memo field in the transaction register and/or the Memo field in the Split transaction dialog are not enough to store this information? Both fields are searchable using the currently available Find / Search dialogs.
    Another possibility would be to use Tags to track major purchase items.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered using the existing memo column for this purpose?
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • keithjcakeithjca Member
    I normally split my transactions and add the item information to line.
    What I think would be useful is enlarging the dialog box and adding an additional column named item. That way you can have a report include the item information in column and search for it. Currently quicken will find it, but there is no way to see a report on a specific item over time.
  • TJ102TJ102 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that you can also add "Downloaded ID, or "Notes" columns  to your register, in case that might help you. You could use them for sorting, but not for reports however.