Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Will cancelling Quicken Billpay remove my payee list?

Will cancelling Quicken Billpay remove my payee list?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Hello @Bertilak,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, canceling your current Quicken Bill Pay service will remove your online payee list. Although, if you are planning to- or in the process of moving to Quicken Bill Manager, you can avoid losing your online payee list from Quicken Bill Pay by copying them over to Quicken Bill Manager. Please, review this support article on how to do so.

Additionally, if you have not started the process of moving over yet but are planning to, then this is also a good support article with more detailed information and instructions on how to properly set up and move from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager. 

I hope you find this information to be useful to you and let us know if you have any additional questions and/or concerns!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't see the choices listed at that link.
    1st attachment shows the three different kinds of bills I see.
    2nd attachment shows the choices I have for those marked "pay."
    3rd attachment shows what the article says I SHOULD see when I click on the arrow. Nowhere do I see "edit this instance and all future instaneces so I am struck at ts point.

Also, it looks like I am expected to update one payee at a time. That's pretty tedious. Why can't it just import them all at once?
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken_Natalie said:
    > Hello @Bertilak,
    >
    > Thank you for providing this additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.
    >
    > If you are still experiencing this issue, I suggest contacting Support directly for more advanced assistance.
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    >
    > Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and can best work with you on identifying a solution.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Natalie

Natalie, Thanks for the response.

As I put the new Quicken bill-pay to use I am beginning to understand that it focuses on downloading bills from web pages. This is NOT something that is of any use to me. Trying to figure out how (in what way) it is useful is what was getting me into trouble. Quicken has simply lost a capability I found very useful in the past. I will simply have to learn how to get by without it.
This discussion has been closed.