Home Before you Buy

Subscription Renewal with Retail version

Tom SawyerTom Sawyer Member ✭✭
I currently have Quicken Deluxe 2019 expiring 6/24/20
I want to buy the 2020 version now = 5/11/20
** When will the new 2020 12 month subscription end ?

Thanks,

Tom
Still Trying in North Carolina
~ Experience is the best teacher ~
~ Hope your coffee kicks in before Reality does ~

Answers

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Sawyer ,

Open Quicken.
    Under Help click About Quicken.

The new 12 Month Subscription would probably end 06.24/2021.

Once you buy the Retail Membership, click Help, then click Enter Activation Code.

There is no need to uninstall Quicken, since you already have the latest version.

But if you need to reinstall Quicken, use this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful with a retail version activation code. I believe it will start immediately when you enter it. So best to wait until the day before or day of the end of your current subscription.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 2018, it is just subscription Quicken, the year is pure marketing.  Having an active subscription gets you all updates to the software and all the online banking features.  It is an all inclusive price, not a fee in addition to the software purchase.
    It doesn't matter where you purchase Quicken from, Quicken.com or a retailer partner, it is all the same, the only difference is the $/month, so shop around for the best deal.
    Now and then, Quicken.com will make an offer that is pretty good that is only valid to first time subscription buyers, so there is a chance that Quicken.com may be a better deal that the retailers.
    If you purchase from Quicken.com, the initial subscription starts at the time of purchase; with a retail purchase, it starts when you activate the subscription.
    I advise that after your subscription is active, you login to Quicken.com and set your account preferences to "Auto Renew" to OFF, that way you have complete control over the price when you extend your subscription in the future since Quicken.com charges MSRP.
    If you already have an active subscription, purchasing either way will EXTEND the subscription, this just has to happen during the last 6 months of the current subscription. (Keeps you from buying lots of activation codes and immediately activating all of them, so that you end up with a subscription ending in 5 years or so)
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• pcm888usapcm888usa Member
    I had been getting renewal notice for quite sometime. I am using Deluxe 2018 with 2 years subscription and it expires this month. The renewal price is $49.95. I found at Costco an 1 year subscription of 2020 Deluxe for $39.95. Good deal, right? I paid, downloaded and updated with new activation code. Today, a friend sent me Newegg ad which is selling the same for $30 plus $7 discount code for $23. Is Quicken thinking we loyal customers are suckers by asking us to renew at more than $25 extra? I would think Newegg is legit let alone Costco. I will never do auto or manual renewal with Quicken again.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pcm888usa
    Quicken generally sells at MSRP.  If they undercut their retail partner's price, what incentive would there be for the retail partners to even carry Quicken for sale?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.