Home Before you Buy

Can someone help me choose the best Quicken program for me?

I need a Quicken (personal, not business) "checkbook register" whereby I can download my transactions from my credit union.

Best Answers

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur with @Sherlock's recommendation.
    Even though "Starter Edition" is cheaper, should your subscription ever lapse, in the future, Starter's data file would become "read-only".   No input to it, even manual, would be allowed.
    Should the subscription lapse for Deluxe, and the higher level products, you'd loose the use of about 1/4 of your Q screen (it'll be taken up with a "renewal nag message") but you'd still be able to input data manually.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Norma BrothertonNorma Brotherton Member ✭✭
    So, I would be able to download transactions from my bank to my computer with the deluxe. Right? Also, how often does the subscription need to update and how much does it cost? Also, thank you so much for your responses.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @""Norma Brotherton" ,

See :  https://www.quicken.com/compare

Subscription Fee is for a 1 or 2 year period, when buying from Quicken.com.
  • Norma BrothertonNorma Brotherton Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your responses, you all have been so helpful! I did purchase the deluxe version as it was on sale for 29.99. I’m still curious, though, how much is the current subscription rate when I need to renew, understanding that it possibly be higher next year.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Norma Brotherton  of course no one can tell what the price will be next year, but in general it pays to shop around at places like Amazon, CostCo, ... they tend to have better prices than from the Quicken website especially when you aren't a "new subscriber/member" any more.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)