Paycheck is blank, but transaction detail is preserved. Can't restore paycheck screen

imdcareys
imdcareys Member ✭✭✭
I have a Paycheck that transfers to an investing account. When I go to matching transfer from the investing account it transferred to, the paycheck appears to be blank. I can go to the originating checking account and Ctrl+Shft+S to see that the posted amounts ARE there.

I tried to re-enter the Paycheck, but along the way a message appeared saying I had reached the limit of entries that could be made. I wasn't even half-way through. I try to preserve Downloaded IDs whenever possible so I would rather not delete and recreate.

Also, the transaction downloaded into the Investment Account will not appear in the Paycheck transfer entry from above when I try to match to the downloaded transaction.

Any ideas on how to fix something like this?

Thank you!
- Carey

QW Home, Business & Rental Property - R33.22 (27.1.33.22) Current as of 05/21. These change too fast to keep updating the version I'm on with every update that happens) 

Best Answer

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I figured it out. The paycheck template was trying to add additional split lines and ran out of lines.

I believe I entered just the first earnings line and when I saved it that way, it removed all the existing split lines except the new ones from the template. From there I just had to refill the template from scratch. 

At least it saved on top of the downloaded transaction.

Phew!
    - Carey

QW Home, Business & Rental Property - R33.22 (27.1.33.22) Current as of 05/21. These change too fast to keep updating the version I'm on with every update that happens) 

Answers

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I figured it out. The paycheck template was trying to add additional split lines and ran out of lines.

I believe I entered just the first earnings line and when I saved it that way, it removed all the existing split lines except the new ones from the template. From there I just had to refill the template from scratch. 

At least it saved on top of the downloaded transaction.

Phew!
    - Carey

This discussion has been closed.