Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Items in Reminders lose Split entries

I asked this question back in the beginning of April and thought it was answered, but alas it happened again.
I have quite a complicated set-up as I use cash accounts to hold sub balances acting like an envelope budget system. When I enter a transaction I enter it as a split by removing funds from a cash account and at the same time puting it into a "catch-all" so I can meake sure everything balances and I can locate and correct errors. I have used this systm for over 5 years now and it has worked great.
When I get my main income in I use a reminder (some 45 lines) tto disburse my funds into these cash accounts.
I noticed this morning after making this disbursement that all of the accounts (seemingly only the cash accounts) names were omitted from this reminder but the amounts where still there. It appears in reports as "uncategorized", naturally this was also carried into the transaction itself. I have also noticed this occurring in 3-line split transactions, again the cash accounts. I have not been able to find the problem.
Previous replies to my earlier post suggested:
1) Make sure I have the latest Quicken. Download and install the latest version
2) backup and Validate the file
3) Make sure windows is up to date and reboot.

After fixing it last time, I thought I had the solution, but as I saw this morning, I didn't. This is very frustrating (reentering 45 lines of split) etc., any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @Truman100,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Truman100Truman100 Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken Premier for Windows on a Windows 10 Pro machine 64 bit with 8GB of RAM.
    I notice that as many times as I go into reminders and repair it seems to take but I go back and again all of the Cash Account names are missing. This doesn't seem to effect the memorized transactions
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Truman100

Thank you for providing additional details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

Do you use the mobile or web app at all? If not, can you confirm if the option to sync to the mobile/ web is on?

To confirm, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle. 

Can you also navigate to the One Step Update settings and confirm is sync to the cloud is selected there?

I suspect this may be what is removing the account from the split reminder.

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Truman100Truman100 Member ✭✭
    I sent in this question before about split lines missing from reminders (I use some cash accounts which had their names changed to ((unassigned...)). somebody recently fixed it so that it worket correctly. In the mean time I had stopped using the Quicken Mobile App as it was messing up some of my accounts, and started using it again as I wanted the convenience of remote entry, and with my first sync to the cloud up and down the problem started up again, so again I will stop using the Mobile app until someone can tell me that it is fixed.
This discussion has been closed.