Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Enabling bill manager payment account problem

When I click on "enable" to set up a payment account on the Bill Manager screen, the Quicken program promply shuts down. When I reboot Quicken and try again, it shuts down again. This has been going on for about two weeks now. However, about a month ago it did work once, and I was able to verify one bank with the two deposits, but now not even that bank account shows as enabled. Advice woud be appreciated, pleaae.
Thanks,
Muchy
Quicken Deluxe 2020 R26.21
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @muchy1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't done so already, the first thing that I suggest you try is to create a copy of your data file and see whether or not the issue will persist or if it will work (see steps below)--
    1. Go to File
    2. Save a copy as...
    3. Name the copied file
    4. Save
    5. Click Yes to open the copied file
    6. Click Yes to close the current file
    7. Once the copied file opens it should look exactly like your original data file. From there, go ahead and try enabling the account again
    If that fails, then you can also try to Validate your data file (either the copied file or the original file, doesn't matter which) by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case)
    2. Then go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken and try again
    You can also try Super Validate, which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja 
    -Quicken Anja
  • muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Quicken Anja, but the problem still persists after validating and super validating. BTW, After supervalidating the report said there were no errors in the file. Do you have any further suggestions to try?
    Muchy1
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @muchy1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    I called support as Quicken Tyka suggested. The agent tried several fixes, all to no avail. He (1) had me make a copy of the file and tried that, (2) had me do an iuclean (?), (3) reinstall Quicken, (4) plus a few other things I can't remember. After over an hour of trying, he offered to transfer me to someone "higher up," but by then my mind was boggled enough for one session.
This discussion has been closed.