Reconcile difficulties

I reconcile my checking account each month from my paper statement. March was processed as usual. When I tried to reconcile April, the opening date for the reconcile was April 30, even tho' the system said March was the last reconcile. When I change the date to the correct date of April 1 and correct the Quicken opening balance which is incorrect, it brings up only 2 items in the Payments and Checks column and one item in the deposits column (a check from 2013?!). I have closed quicken several times and reopened and I get the same result. I have gone through the account list and made sure it is marked for manual reconciliation. My transactions for April are there but I can't get to them.
Version 2020, Version 26.21, Build 27.1.26.21

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    4/1/20 would not be the correct date.  Reconcile is asking for the closing/end date of a statement, not the beginning.  You need to enter 4/30/20.
    If the beginning balances of the reconcile are changing from what they were, it is because the Reconciled transactions have changed.
    The opening balance of the reconcile is the sum total of all of the R transactions in the register and is calculated at the time of reconciliation and not stored for future reference.

What could change that # is one of the following:
    1. a blank or C was changed to a R
    2. an R was changed to a blank or C
    3. the amount of an R was changed
    4. a new transaction was marked R to begin with
    5. a R transaction was deleted

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.