Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

QuickID Password prompt every other startup/download

About every other startup then download/upload of financial information or checks, Quicken asks me for the Quicken ID, then the vault ID. What is causing this, shouldn't the Quicken ID just be a part of the vault?

Answers

• BKBK Member ✭✭
    I have similar issue where it frequently prompts me to login on startup (vault password works as it should for me). I have logged out and back in with no resolution. Will be monitoring responses to this.
    * QWin 2020 Deluxe subs w/ latest patch, Win10 Pro v1909
    * Browsers: Firefox and Chrome
    * AVs: Avast & Malwarebytes
    - QWin Deluxe Subs latest 2020; User since 2010
    - Don't use Sync, Cloud, Mobile, Web, Bill Pay/Mgr
    - Techie, Win10 Pro v2004
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @aw12 and @BK

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please try the steps below and see if the number of sign-in requests improve.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID syncing and alerts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • BKBK Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply Tyka. I cannot speak for aw12, but as I indicated in my post, I had already done that (in fact multiple times) with no improvement.

To me it appears as if it takes a long time for the Quicken server to authenticate or verify my valid subscription and therefore times out and throws me the login screen. If I close and reopen the file then it may work fine - inconsistent. And again next day same issue. It is sporadic and I have not found a pattern to consistently reproduce it.

Note that my datafile has a password to open which may be helpful in your investigation.

Test:
    I created a brand new blank datafile called "test" and that file also experiences the same sporadic login issue. This tells me that the issue is NOT in my datafiles.

One more data point for you: Although I am using the SAME email as my Quicken ID for all of my data files AND for this Community site, my passwords are different. In other words they are two different accounts, right? And I cannot recall why or how that happened. Could that have anything to do with my issue, where the Quicken server is getting confused as a result? Or are they supposed to be different accounts by design?

My final test will be to do a complete and clean uninstall and reinstall (I know how).
    Hope this helps. Thank you.
    Hello @BK

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

What you have described sounds similar to an ongoing issue that is available here.

In regards to your question about the Quicken ID and the Community ID, these are separate IDs and do not interfere with each other.

Please let me know if the referenced post matches what you are seeing!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • BKBK Member ✭✭
    edited May 15
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka

It appears that my issue is same or similar to the link you provided. For the little testing I did [so far], it appears that having a password is the culprit. As if the datafile tries to authenticate with the Q Server immediately upon opening, BEFORE I even have the chance to enter the password, and the authentication server times out depending how busy it is - hence sporadic. Should I just start following that post instead of this one to avoid duplicate effort?

I don't mean to take away from the original post by @aw12 btw since his/her issue may be different and I want to respect that.
    Hello @BK

Thank you for the response, I would go ahead and follow the ongoing post as that post will be more likely to receive an official response on the issue.

This post can stay separate so that @aw12 may respond to confirm if they have the same issue or if it's a separate issue.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka 
    -Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.