Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Syncing Quick Web Portfolio and Watch List across platforms

When you go to quicken on the web using laptop, you see watch lists: 1. Quicken Web portfolios and 2. Watch Lists. 1. Quicken Web Portfolio is based on what you have consolidated in your Quicken software in you PC/Laptop Desktop. Question: Will web portfolio reflect the current value based on daily stock prices OR will reflect current value only after PC/Laptop Desktop update/sync every time? 2 Watch List : When you create watch lists, say 10 or more securities, wont that reflect across all platforms? In other words, same watch list all over (mobile, laptop, tablet, whatever)? I created a watch list using laptop web, but don't see the same in my mobile.....

Finally, As i mentioned earlier (prior to renewing my Quicken, now renewed), isn't it all waste of our time doing this research while we're supposed to be doing something else with this software? The reason I am saying this is Quicken must have learned enough and fixed instead of leaving it to customers, who do this additional job of content writing........

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You mention "watch lists".  I don't believe Quicken Desktop watch lists sync to Quicken Web.  Quicken Web has your accounts, and your "watch list" isn't in any account.  The watch list may sync to the "Investing Portfolio" that is online, but that is something completely different that "Quicken Web".

If by "watch lists" you mean your investing accounts, then yes those accounts should be updated based on changes in the stock market.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • SSN
    SSN Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding...I mentioned clearly 2 points. It sounds like you answered point (1). Assuming what you said is ..."then yes.......", why is that a feature in desktop (when I say desktop, I mean the software downloaded in your laptop or PC which you open to Xray etc.) saying "do you want to sync? If all the platforms (meaning laptop, pc, tablet, mobile) must reflect the portfolio based on real-time stock market, without that syncing feature (when you close the desktop) or not......Point (2) you have not answered....

While everyone appreciates members helping each other by answering and pondering over these questions (what a waste of time), is Quicken compensating people answering, at least?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but your questions are so running together I can't really make out what you are asking.  But I will take a shot at it from a different angle and hope that it answers what you are asking.

Each different part of the Quicken "world" has different features and as such may not mirror to another part.  For instance Quicken Desktop has security watch lists.  Quicken Mobile/Web doesn't.  Therefore clearly they can't be "mirrors" of each other.

But each of the places that you might have a security will fetch the current prices for showing the value of those securities independently of any kind of "sync" with the Desktop version.

And for your last question.  For the most part no Quicken Inc doesn't compensate people answering these questions.  If you answer enough questions and they fill like giving you the "SuperUser" tag then that does allow those people into a special section of they forum where they have more access to the Quicken moderators and such, and where they can talk behind the other customers backs.  They also give them free subscription as long as they follow their rules, which actual tend be more strict than the ones the will apply to the average user.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I should point out about security price updates.  With Quicken Desktop it gets its prices from three places.  One is their third party provider.  Another is from the download from the financial institution, and the last is from prices manually entered.  There is spots like the online portfolio that don't have access to downloading information from the financial institutions, so clearly they wouldn't be able to update security prices for security that aren't "public".
    Signature:
  • SSN
    SSN Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding to all points....My conclusion is Quicken is not as robust as they claim.....there is never ending fixes and as mentioned by you one thing doesnt relate to other and figures are all varying....I am lost!
This discussion has been closed.