Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)

Automatically Mark Transactions as Reviewed

There is an option to automatically mark reconciled transactions as reviewed. There should be an option or options for automatically marking other transactions types as reviewed. For example, options could be to automatically mark manual transactions as reviewed, automatically mark manual and Quicken Web transactions as reviewed, or both, etc.
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It seems that the behavior of manually entered transactions in Quicken Mac is inconsistent with the behavior in Quicken Windows.  In Quicken Windows you never review manually entered transactions.  I don't even see how that makes any sense at all.

On the marking of the Quicken Web transactions reviewed automatically, I don't believe that should happen.  What should happen is what is happening today, at least on Quicken Windows (I don't have a Mac to compare to).  And that is the status syncs between the two.  So if you reviewed them on Quicken Web, then that status should sync to the Desktop and same going the other way.  It isn't correct to assume that any transactions coming from Quicken Web are "correct" any more than you can assume that every downloaded transaction is correct.  They can certainly have the wrong categories for instance.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • jjstipejjstipe Member ✭✭
    Would you call this behavior a bug? At least part of it anyway?
    Yes I would call it a bug to make the user review manually entered transactions.
    You just entered them what is there to review?

Once you throw in the Web it gets more complicated.  Both the Desktop and the Web can download transactions from the financial institution, so both them should have a "review process" of some kind.  But once reviewed that status should be synced between the two.  But it should be assumed that any transaction coming from the web is "OK".
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enter transactions manually in Quicken Mac. I never review them -- there's nothing the review. When you enter transactions, they are set to no (blank) status, so they aren't awaiting review. Conversely, you can manually mark transactions to be flagged for review if it helps your workflow, but you don't need to do so. (When I reconcile each account monthly, I mark transactions reconciled in the CLR column, but the status field is blank and there's nothing to review.)
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    Well then I don't understand the request because that does sound exactly like what happens on the Windows side.
  • jjstipejjstipe Member ✭✭
    I made a recording of the behavior, at least one part of it

https://recordit.co/LIUP66Kbj5