Home Quicken on the Web Errors and Troubleshooting (Quicken on the Web)

Account Temporarily Locked

Worked with support yesterday and they couldn't resolve the issue. Logging on through the quicken web site to access my account I revive the message.

"Your account has been temporarily locked.
You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts. Please try again later."

This happened over and over again doing several password resets with customer support. Every time ended with he same error mentioned above. By the way if I put in the wrong password on purpose I receive the message.

"Invalid Quicken ID or password.
Do you need help signing in?"

I waited 24 hours and I still revive the temporarily locked message. I am using a password manager and copy the password so I know its not a keyboard thing. I have tried several different computers same problem. I think somehow my account is permanently locked
and will not clear for some reason. When I call customer support again what can I ask them to expedite this problem and not repeat the same steps over and over again.

By the way they were very patient and the only reason the call ended was it was late in the day and we were disconnected. I would give them a thumbs up on patience and service but I still need this issue resolved.

Thank You

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Om how many devices are you signed into Quicken? Another poster had a similar problem and after signing out of one device was able to sign-in on another. Also, go to My Account on quicken.com and select Sign out of all devices.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • HawaiimonkHawaiimonk Member
    I am not signed into anything right now I am locked out. I can't go to My Account to sign out devices because I can't log into my account.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Hawaiimonk

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

As this is an account/password issue, I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to assist with this issue, that the Community does not have.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka

@Hawaiimonk wrote "Worked with support yesterday and they couldn't resolve the issue. Logging on through the quicken web site to access my account I revive the message."
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • JenSchilkeJenSchilke Member
    I just upgraded. I am having the same problem. I had debated migrating my checking account back to Excel. I wish that I had. I can't even go back to 2017 now because I am also being prompted to log in. What a waste of time and money. I have spent 2 hours on this. I disabled the auto renewal. I'm done.
  • kangiechankangiechan Member
    > @JenSchilke said:
    > I just upgraded. I am having the same problem. I had debated migrating my checking account back to Excel. I wish that I had. I can't even go back to 2017 now because I am also being prompted to log in. What a waste of time and money. I have spent 2 hours on this. I disabled the auto renewal. I'm done.

I'm in the same boat as here. I also just upgraded from 2017 and I've tried all different ways to try to get around this issue. Nothing worked so far. Wasted my 3+ hours. I'm upset as I was going to spend my weekend working on my bookkeeping stuff as I have a busy life. There goes my weekend.
This discussion has been closed.