When running validation Get "Additional data conversion in QWMain started"

Divemaster
Divemaster Member ✭✭✭
Never got this message before on validation or super validation.  All seems to run AOK.  On 24.14, I run a validation about now and then and first time I seen this message - Additional data conversion in QWMain started.  Did add some new accounts today and do transfers, nothing that hasn't been done before.  Get same message when I run it again so don't understand what if anything it is converting.

Edit:  Went back and ran a validate on a 3/28/2020 which is my oldest backup and got the same messages.

QDF:
Validating your data.
No errors.

QEL:
No read errors.

QEL:
All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri May 15 17:20:42 2020]
Additional data conversion in QWMain started

[Fri May 15 17:20:45 2020]
Validation has completed.

Comments

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭
    QWMain is a DLL so don't understand why any data conversion would happen to a DLL.  Thought they were executable code and not data. 
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭
    Did I post a dumb question or is there just not an answer? 
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Generally the process is a one-time event.

Usually when Quicken adds a new feature that requires a modification to the database structure.  When it keeps happening it can indicate a problem.  Or it may be that a file touched by the conversion has been reverted to a program version dating from before the update requiring the conversion.

I see it sometimes testing in beta, it's usually harmless, but infrequently an indication of a problem.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks, that is the first time I seen that message.  Scan of computer only shows a DLL file for QWMain in the Quicken directory (dated 1/29/20).  Since a DLL is not a data file, I don't understand why it wants to convert.   Not sure when it started, I usually do a Super Validate every couple months with no messages like that.  I know where I could get a file much older to run a Validate against, may test it.  Regardless all seems to be running fine. 
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2020
    Currently, Quicken is transitioning to a new method of downloading EWC accounts; it also added an updated bill paying module. Either or both of those could have required a conversion.  An older file not touched by the software update would convert on first open; subsequent opens would not show a conversion.

I suspect the conversion routine(s) is found in the dll and triggered in some fashion by parameters read from the data file.

adding- as mentioned I'm running a beta but a date of 1/29 seems old for running the current R26.X production version.  I would of thought that dll would have a more recent date; maybe not?