Auto download from Tangerine
Is it possible to have Quicken auto download from Tangerine? It doesn't appear so but I thought I would ask.
Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.
First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are running?
- Help > About Quicken
-Quicken Anja-Quicken Anja0
It would be the most recent version of quicken in Canada which is R24.24.
It's for an existing Tangerine chequing account.0
Thank you for the additional information.
In that case, I suggest following the steps below to try and connect it.
- Go to Tools
- Account List
- Click Edit next to the account in question
- Online Services
- If it shows a Deactivate button go ahead and click on that and wait until the deactivation as completed then click Setup Now...
- If it does not show Deactivate, then click on the Setup Now... button
- Search for Tangerine and you should be prompted to sign in using your Tangerine credentials.
I have tried the instructions above multiple times. Tangerine does not offer the ability to sign in. The only option is to download transactions.0
Here is what it looks like for a new Quicken file after I tried setting up that account again and downloaded the transactions manually.0
That message is there because of the manual download using a .qfx bank file.
Try these steps instead--
- Click on the Deactivate button on the right and wait for the deactivation to finish, then click Ok to close the window
- Go to Tools
- Add Account...
- Select the account type
- Click Advanced Setup on the bottom-left (this is not a button, it's written in blue above the cancel button)
- Search for Tangerine and click Next
- You should receive a login page as shown in the first illustration below and sign in using your Tangerine credentials
- If this is successful, you will receive the screen shown in the second illustration below, and click on Add (I don't have an account with Tangerine which is why mine says Key)
- The dropdown menu should give you the option Link - to existing Quicken account
- Choose the account this needs to be linked with
- Click Next
- Click Finish
See if these steps make it work. Otherwise, I can do some further digging and see what we can do from there.
I deleted my Tangerine account and started over. Here are the steps I did and I don't get a login anywhere.0
Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look at the information you've provided. After taking a look the American version of the program does support downloading through Express web connect. The Canadian version which you use only supports web connect which is when you download via the banks website. Sorry about the confusion there previously. That should clear up any confusion here but let us know if anything else pops up!
Is there any plan to bring that to the Canadian version? Would make sense since Tangerine is a Canadian bank.0
Thank you for the additional question, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.
When a financial institution opts to support Quicken, it is entirely their choice as to which connection methods they will choose to support, such as Web Connect, Express Web Connect or Direct Connect.
Unfortunately, not every financial institution will decide to support every connection method available, for each version of the software.
If you would like to see Tangerine Bank support for downloads via Express Web Connect in the Quicken for Windows Canada version, we recommend filing a request directly with Tangerine Bank.
The more requests they receive, will help show them the value in adding support for additional connection methods for their customers and will hopefully help them to support automatic downloads to Quicken Canada in the future.
I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns the community may assist with.
This discussion has been closed.