Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

CC-502/102 errors from Chase - reported as resolved but I am still getting the error

I'm still getting the cc-502 error with Chase. I've updated Quicken and restarted my computer and still getting the error. What do I need to do?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tstarky,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this.

Though the issue has been mostly resolved on our end, we do still have an open alert for it. However, at this point, since you are still getting the error, as stated in this support article, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support via chat or phone.

This may likely be an issue with the aggregator, in which case it would require our support team to collect and review your log files. Once they discover and investigate the root cause of the issue, it may require an escalation to be filed.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you consider switching to using the Direct Connect connection method.

After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the registers associated with the financial institution, when you activate the Online Services of one of the registers, Quicken should provide a list of all of the accounts it finds at the financial institution and enable you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.  With Chase, you may be required to confirm your identity by accessing a message in the Secure Message Center on the Chase web site:

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    edited May 17
    @tstarky, switching to Direct Connect is a good option that may work as suggested by @Sherlock. However, I just want to quickly add that Chase does charge a monthly $9.95 fee for using Direct Connect with most account types (see below). Just something to keep in mind if you decide to switch.

You can find this page on Chase's website by clicking here (you will need to scroll down on the page to find this section).
    -Quicken Anja
    edited May 17
    @tstarky, switching to Direct Connect is a good option that may work as suggested by @Sherlock. However, I just want to quickly add that Chase does charge a monthly $9.95 fee for using Direct Connect with most account types (see below). Just something to keep in mind if you decide to switch.

You can find this page on Chase's website by clicking here (you will need to scroll down on the page to find this section).
    @Quicken_Anja  I believe you are mistaken.  Chase does not charge a $9.95 monthly fee for Direct Connect access for most account types.  Chase does charge Business account types as described on the page you referenced.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    edited May 17
    @Sherlock, the website doesn't specify business in that section which is why I added that and also because of just having worked with customers in the past that had questions in regards to these Direct Connect fees.

I personally don't have any accounts with Chase, so I can't speak on which account types are charged for the service nor do I know how they title their business accounts. There used to be another page on their website that specified other fees as well regarding Direct Connect depending on how the service is used (tracking only vs tracking with bill pay). I used to refer customers to that page when they would ask about Direct Connect with Chase. Although, I haven't seen that page in quite a while now nor could I find it when I initially searched for it this time and instead, came across this one.

So, if it is only for business accounts, then thank you for the correction. :)
    -Quicken Anja
    @Sherlock, the website doesn't specify business in that section which is why I added that and also because of just having worked with customers in the past that had questions in regards to these Direct Connect fees.

I personally don't have any accounts with Chase, so I can't speak on which account types are charged for the service nor do I know how they title their business accounts. There used to be another page on their website that specified other fees as well regarding Direct Connect depending on how the service is used (tracking only vs tracking with bill pay). I used to refer customers to that page when they would ask about Direct Connect with Chase. Although, I haven't seen that page in quite a while now nor could I find it when I initially searched for it this time and instead, came across this one.

So, if it is only for business accounts, then thank you for the correction.
    The website you referenced certainly does specify business.  Business is in the URL you provided.  Business is in the banner at the top of the page.  Business is mentioned 32 times on the page.  The page you provided has Chase for Business in it's title.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I have, between us, 3 credit card accounts at Chase.  All use Direct Connect and there's no monthly fee.
    I can't comment upon other types of accounts.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • tstarkytstarky Member
    Thank you all for your responses! I will check into the direct connect today and if I cannot get it to work, I will call Quicken support.
  • GreggGregg Member
    Have multiple chase sign-ons and continue to receive 502 error for all but the first. Download hangs as well. Any suggestions?
  • ashvinaminashvinamin Member
    While update Quicken transactions, receiving the error (CC-502) on Chase accounts.
  • hpllchpllc Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue for roughly the past week.  This happend in sync with the correction of Fifth Third Bank not downloading, perhaps they are related.  My issue is multiple Chase logins over several accounts.  Switching to direct connect is not an acceptable option due to the fact that Chase charges for this connection type at $9.95 a month for each profile.  Having just switched to the subscription model it is disturbing that connection issues continue.  As a side note all accounts are updating properly with ease in Personal Captial without switching to direct connection with additional cost.  As of 7:27am 5/18/20 some of my Chase logins are downloading properly so it appears the issue is being worked on or Chase updates are complete.
  • GreggGregg Member
    Problems continue this morning. Like hpllc, I don't believe I should now have to pay fees to download my data.
  • LoneJohnny5LoneJohnny5 Member ✭✭
    I've had this problem since Friday. Still there as of right now.
  • theooze1theooze1 Member
    This was not resolved on 16-MAY as announced. It's still happening.
  • Chase CC-502 still happening on MAY 18
  • todd270ztodd270z Member ✭✭
    I'm still getting the same error on Chase accounts. I already had direct connect as the connection method (without being charged). Any other ideas?
  • todd270ztodd270z Member ✭✭
    Ditto
  • mark peacockmark peacock Member ✭✭
    I see that Quicken Support has closed the Chase CC-502 issue from last week. I'm able to download transactions for my Chase personal card, but I'm still getting CC-502 errors when trying to download my business card transactions. Attempts to reset the accounts fail.

Anyone else having this problem?
  • JayBeeCAJayBeeCA Member
    I am getting this as well
  • tstarkytstarky Member
    Mine is magically working today. I didn't do anything. The first time I tried it today it didn't work. I tried again within 5 min and it worked. Go figure. I have no idea what fixed it.
  • mark peacockmark peacock Member ✭✭
    I deactivated/reactivated my Chase business accounts today and it seems to work now
  • GreggGregg Member
    After receiving the e-mail notice from Sarah 40 minutes ago, I have tried to update twice. Both times it failed.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Gregg said:
    After receiving the e-mail notice from Sarah 40 minutes ago, I have tried to update twice. Both times it failed.
    Hello @Gregg

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues updating your accounts with Chase.

Are you still receiving a CC-502 error?  Or a different error code message?

Does the error occur when performing a One Step Update?  Or also when running "Update Now"?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • GreggGregg Member
    Hi Sarah,

Sorry, I didn't see your note until this morning.

For accounts (multiple sign ons) that I didn't 'reset', I continue to receive the CC-502 error. For accounts (one sign on) that I did reset, the accounts are now not recognized.

During this entire time, one sign on (with multiple accounts) continues to update correctly.

Hope this level of detail helps.

Gregg
  • GreggGregg Member
    Okay. Using the sequence: 1. 'Update Now' for each sign on, individually, and, then 2. using One Step Update, it looks like everything is now working!
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi @Gregg

Thank you for the response and I'm so glad to hear that the connections are now working for you :)

If there is anything else the community may assist with, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
  • dgjacobsondgjacobson Member
    A review of the community posts shows a number of recent issues with Chase and CC-502 errors. All say the error has been resolved. It has not been resolved. After two weeks, I still cannot get a download from Chase ... and yes, my user name and password are correct.
  • dgjacobsondgjacobson Member
    Upadate to my previous post. After hitting Try Again multiple times, my account finally updated.
  • kenravkenrav Member
    Thanks! Same issue. Had to Try Again twice before working.
  • John_LJohn_L Member ✭✭
    Quicken says Chase OSU download fixed as of 5/20/20. I am still getting CC-502 issues as of 5/23/20.

What to do?