Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why am I prompted for and why does my entry of requested password not work for quicken bill pay?

The ID/PW for my bank is saved in my pw vault, so it should not prompt in the first place. When I enter the pw and click update now (using one step update), I am NOT told the pw is wrong. Instead, I am presented with a prompt that says 'To continue, enter the password for the following institutions'. And the only institution listed is my bank. The only option on this prompt is to click the 'ok' button which returns me to the original one step update panel where I had entered the pw.
CHAT support informed me that the feature no longer works and I must use the quickenbillpay.com website and enter the transaction manually into quicken.
My inclination is to not believe chat support.
Perhaps noteworthy:
1. my bank id is the same as my quicken bill pay id.
2. problem probably began when I upgraded from Quicken 2017 to Quicken 2020 earlier this month.
3. Quicken is still successfully pulling transactions down from my bank without requiring entry of id/pw.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• godzillaking
    godzillaking Member
    Accepted Answer
    Apparently when upgrading Quicken, my saved list of payees was deleted. Now, the ability to add/edit or even report on these payees is gone. I guess all I can do is add my lament to the already substantial list of unhappy Quicken customers. I will look into using the Direct Connect method.
    IMHO, the way Quicken has made these changes is entirely unsatisfactory. I am a very disappointed long time user.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    When we upgrade from Quicken 2017 to the Quicken subscription, the Quicken Bill Pay account used in Quicken 2017 no longer works from within Quicken: http://quickenbillpay.com/ArticleWinSwitch.html

Unfortunately, Metavante Payment Services has decided to terminate their Quicken Bill Pay service as of August 31, 2020.  If the Quick Pay and Check Pay services are inadequate, I suggest you consider switching to one of the over 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method.
  • godzillaking
    godzillaking Member
    Accepted Answer
    Apparently when upgrading Quicken, my saved list of payees was deleted. Now, the ability to add/edit or even report on these payees is gone. I guess all I can do is add my lament to the already substantial list of unhappy Quicken customers. I will look into using the Direct Connect method.
    IMHO, the way Quicken has made these changes is entirely unsatisfactory. I am a very disappointed long time user.
  • godzillaking
    godzillaking Member
    And thank you Sherlock for your response.
This discussion has been closed.