Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)

Schedule Income/Payment on a variable time of the month

I was not able to find the answer. So here might be a new idea for scheduling. I get a deposit that is deposited on the 4th Wednesday of the month. Or deposited on the last working day of the month (not on weekends).

*I use the Mac OS version. I could not select it in the Category .
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18
    Answering your question re: "deposited on the 4th Wednesday of the month."
    There does not appear to be a "last workday" or "Last business day of the month" selection. "Last Day of the month" is as close as you can get right now.
    Here's a lengthy discussion about suggested improvements for scheduling frequencies: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7340440/additional-option-for-frequency-of-occurrence-on-bill-reminders-13-merged-votes
    Please review and add your vote to this discussion.

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key is on the Schedule screen is to click the little triangle to the left of the date, which reveals the additional parameter settings that enable you to easily do something like "on the 4th Wednesday every month".

Quicken Mac does not have "workday" as a parameter, I'm guessing because of the complexity of accurately knowing what's a workday. There are differences between the US and Canada, and in some cases, between states. (In California, for instance, "Cesar Chavez Day" and "Admission Day" are recognized state holidays; in Alabama "confederate Memorial Day" is a holiday.) If July 4 is on a Saturday, for many people July 3 is a holiday. And whether banks are open or not also varies; Veterans day is a holiday in name, but most workplaces are open; some banks are open and some are closed. So the problem is that it would be hard to establish clear criteria to use "workday" for Quicken scheduling, because almost whatever decision the developers would make, someone would argue it was wrong and screwed them up. :smile:

QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that California dropped Admission Day as a state holiday some years ago and I seem to remember that it was always Sept 9th.
    The stores were open on Admission Day, but the banks weren't.
    And, in many years, Labor Day (when the stores were likewise open) and Admissions Day fell in the same week.
    In check processing, we called that "Hell Week" because we had 6 days of work (Mon-Sat) to get done in 4 workdays.
    It was the only time of year that no vacations were allowed in check.  Other areas of the bank restricted year end (or even quarter end) form the vacation choices ... but those were just "business as usual" periods for us
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP