Home Quicken on the Web Errors and Troubleshooting (Quicken on the Web)

Account locked

Hello,

I cannot log in to my account at quicken.com. It states:

Your account has been temporarily locked
You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts.
Please try again later.

Outside of the Quicken app on Windows I have not logged in though the web in months. I have reset my password and it still gives me this.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• tbartbar
    Accepted Answer
    I think I found the issue. I'm trying to renew my subscription. When I try to use the 40% off discount and login during that process it locks my account. If I log in first and then try and purchase it at full price that seems to works. I'll try calling support.
  • pglibrapglibra ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I think I figured it out....works better in Chrome than Internet Explorer.

Answers

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @tbar

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. In this specific case you'll want to contact us directly at quicken support to diagnose the issue. They have the ability to look at what exactly is happening so they can diagnose it quickly for you. I will list our hours down below so that you're able to choose a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00pm PDT

• tbartbar Member
    Accepted Answer
    I think I found the issue. I'm trying to renew my subscription. When I try to use the 40% off discount and login during that process it locks my account. If I log in first and then try and purchase it at full price that seems to works. I'll try calling support.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly, the 40% discount is for NEW USERS only ... and if you're renewing, you're not a new user.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • pglibrapglibra Member ✭✭
    edited May 22
    I am able to login into quicken.com on my work laptop but not on my personal laptop. I get the following message..."Your account has been temporarily locked.
    You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts. Please try again later."
    Any ideas? Must be a setting of some sort but which one?
    Thanks
  • pglibrapglibra Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I think I figured it out....works better in Chrome than Internet Explorer.
  • skyflash1skyflash1 Member ✭✭
    My 2017 QWin was working fine until it stopped supporting transaction downloading. So I upgraded. Now I can't get into the program. It asks for my Quicken ID/password and I get locked out on the first attempt.

Your account has been temporarily locked.
    You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts. Please try again later.

I've tried uninstalling all versions and reinstalling. I am able to log into the website and did the log out of all devices and I've changed the password a few times. Still the same thing on the program. The support links to call are never open for me.

I see others with this issue but it seems like most of those are with the app and not the full software.

Anyone found a solution?
  • The KeeperThe Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @skyflash1 ,

Reinstall, according to this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

When you restore your Manual Backup file, click to Sign in as a different user.

Reason: Password changes to your Quicken User ID.
  • take1ncuetake1ncue Member
    I'm having the same issue regardless of which browser I use. Please help!
  • take1ncuetake1ncue Member
    I'm having the same issue: I cannot log in to my account at quicken.com. It states:

Your account has been temporarily locked You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts. Please try again later.

I've waited 3-4 hour and even 2 days, no luck. Tried support and they reset my password and it still gives me the same notice. Thus, I can't log-in! please help!
  • BOB139BOB139 Member ✭✭
    I was having the same error for days. Quicken support left me hanging.

I just managed to login by disabling my ad blocker. Which is absurd, a website should not break in such a way due to an ad blocker running.
    Ok, so there are multiple issues here, My post was merged in here. This thread was originally about being locked out of logging into this website while my issue was being locked out of the quicken program after the upgrade. I tried many things including the suggestions above. Including trying to log in using a different account though I didn't think that would work because my subscription was tied to the original account. Eventually I could no longer log into the site either, getting the same temporary lockout message.

Anyway, I called Tech and he tried a lot of things including turning off VPN and automatic proxy settings in Win10. Nothing worked so the guy said they'd received a lot of complaints about this and were working on it and it would be 24-48 hours. I decided to try some stuff myself including turning off Avast and disabling Windows Defender. After that I was able to log and use Quicken again. I have, of course, turned it all back on and I still seem to be ok.

Now I should say, I don't know if this is permanently fixed. The Quicken program has not asked me to log in again. I also don't know which thing I did that made it work or if it was some or all of the above. I also do not know if I did anything to fix it myself as someone at Quicken may have fixed it for me and it just happened to start working while I was playing around. So if you run into this, you might want to try dropping your antivirus and firewalls before calling Tech.
    > @NotACPA said:
    > If I recall correctly, the 40% discount is for NEW USERS only ... and if you're renewing, you're not a new user.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skyflash1 How about providing the URL for that graphic?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP