Can't import QFX after updating Quicken

I opened Quicken Premier and was prompted to update so I did. Now the product is updated to R26.33 build 27.1.26.23.

I downloaded transactions from my bank, double-clicked the QFX file like I always do to import the transactions. The minimized Quicken window on the taskbar flashed. However, in Quicken, nothing happened. No transactions were imported.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps there were no new transactions to import in the QFX file.
  • Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭
    There was a month of transactions.
  • Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭
    I opened the file in a text editor and saw the transactions.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken determines whether a downloaded transaction has been previously imported into a register by comparing the downloaded transaction's FITID value with previously imported FITID values.
  • Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, that does not help me.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheila said:
    Sherlock, that does not help me.
    If the transactions in the QFX file have FITIDs that have previously been imported into the register, Quicken will not offer the transactions again.

You could try importing the QFX file into a new register.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Today I was importing a QFX file to test something for another question and I ran into this bug.

Starting in some recent version (I don't know which) when you import a QFX file it doesn't show up in the register (right away).  You have to restart Quicken and then the transaction(s) will show up in the register.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Updated information.  I tried importing into a different Quicken data file and didn't have the problem.  So the problem I just reported is data file dependent.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/