Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Is there an issue with the link between Quicken and Edward Jones?

Quicken cannot establish Internet connection to Edward Jones. Started 2 days ago - possibly coincident with latest Quicken 2019 Deluxe update. No issues logging into my account manually, but Quicken consistently fails.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• R HydeR Hyde Member ✭✭
    Same problem
  • knmlv04knmlv04 Member ✭✭
    Spent a long time on the phone with Quicken support stepping through their troubleshooting flowchart - e.g., turn off firewall, add account to an empty Quicken file, etc. Suggested E-J needed additional credentials to establish connection.
    Contacted E-J tech support. They're not aware of any connection issues with Quicken and the Quicken uses the same credentials as the E-J website. They suspect the recent update has caused the problem.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Ol-297-A error today also, but I suggest waiting until tomorrow to get too excited.  This is NOT due to the latest patch release R26.23 since I applied it on 5/14 and have done successful downloads from EJ since then.  In fact, I had a successful download yesterday.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• tbf47tbf47 Member ✭✭
    I got the same error message today OL-297-A. I got this message pre R26.23 Patch Update. I applied the new patch and still got the error message. My other online institution transaction updates worked fine. I have had no problem with the Edward Jones Accounts updates in the days leading up to this. Has there been any word from Quicken on this?
    Maybe if enough people contact Quicken support about the error it will get beyond level 1 support to the network operations group.
  • LMS01LMS01 Member
    Same problem, but only started 5/19/2020 at 5:45 pm
  • Eric FinleyEric Finley Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Last good update was on May 17, 2020. For the last 2 days I only get 'an error has occurred' message.
    "Quicken, please fix this problem ASAP"
  • rolanddawson2500rolanddawson2500 Member ✭✭
    OK, today, my Quicken would not update my EDJ account. Jones used 2 step authentication. I had been using IE on this account, but since many folks are discontinuing support for IE, I switched to Chrome, and went through the 2 step and remember my computer yesterday. This morning, when I tried to log in through Quicken (yes, I am using the subscription service, not Q2017) it gave me a OL-297-A error. I can log directly into EDJ with either IE or Chrome, but Quicken gives me an error message. My other brokerage accounts work just fine, and they are 2 step also. After a couple of hours of trying to get either IE or Chrome to work by reloading the account information, I called Edward Jones. They said they have gotten several complaints today about this issue. Anybody else having this problem? If so, what is the solution?
  • Art MassonArt Masson Member ✭✭
    This just started today. I'm able to log into Edward Jones web site directly. All other institutions are loading fine through Quicken. Please advise...this looks like a technical problem between Quicken and Edward Jones. When I try to report the problem through the Quicken app I get an error saying I can't report it !
  • CarolynCarolyn Member ✭✭
    Same problem as all the others above. Started last night 5/18/20 and is continuing today. no issues with other banks or brokerages, only edward jones. Getting the OL-297-A error. Edward Jones doesn't seem to be aware of the problem. Quicken tells me it to be patient and it will resolve itself in time.
    > @knmlv04 said:
    > Spent a long time on the phone with Quicken support stepping through their troubleshooting flowchart - e.g., turn off firewall, add account to an empty Quicken file, etc. Suggested E-J needed additional credentials to establish connection.
    > Contacted E-J tech support. They're not aware of any connection issues with Quicken and the Quicken uses the same credentials as the E-J website. They suspect the recent update has caused the problem.

OK, when I copy the link and put in the "Edit Account Details" for the Home page and push the "go" button, it will go to the correct page for EDJ and you can log in. So the link to EDJ is correct. However, Quicken returns OL-297-A error when you go to update transactions in quicken. I assume Quicken support monitors this page. Please post what you are doing about this problem.
  • softwaregeek12softwaregeek12 Member
    Add my name to the list. Started a couple of days ago and I thought it would resolve itself (these errors usually do). However, still no luck after at least 48 hours. Tried the "Reset Account" option under "Edit Account...Online Services" and it threw a "Account Reset Failed" error. It seems to never even connect to the EDJ server.
  • hadleyswhadleysw Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. I'm using the Mac version so the problem is there with either platform. According to the Account Status, the last downloads were 5/18 at11:08 am with 1 or 2 transactions "downloaded" in each of my 6 accounts but with the message that Quicken "Could not connect" and the request timed out.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    hadleysw said:
    Same problem here. I'm using the Mac version so the problem is there with either platform. According to the Account Status, the last downloads were 5/18 at11:08 am with 1 or 2 transactions "downloaded" in each of my 6 accounts but with the message that Quicken "Could not connect" and the request timed out.
    Sorry to hear your issue, but glad to see that it is not due to the latest Windows patch release as everyone thinks.  Like I stated earlier, give it a day or two, DON'T do account RESETS or deactivate/re-activate as that can just you into a bigger problem than a problem at EJ with communicating with Quicken.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boyd LessmanBoyd Lessman Member ✭✭
    Ditto here same problem since 5/18. Sent report
  • Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Moderator, Employee mod
    @Boyd Lessman. It is very helpful for us to get the reports and log files to figure out what's going on, and how to fix it. Thank you for your help.
  • barbstaderbarbstader Member ✭✭✭
    Will not update transactions for Edward Jones. No problem with other accounts. Started Evening of May 18 and still not working May 19. Called Edward Jones IT. They have made no changes.
    The connection log entries for the Edward Jones failures contain codes "returns 67186429" and a "netstatus 36".

Quicken is attempting to connect to https://ofx.edwardjones.com.
    The IPv4 address is 167.80.104.66

A network trace shows the start of the TCP handshake - the SYN packet is sent to port 443 on that IP address but there is no response from Edward Jones server - Quicken should receive a SYN-ACK. The client retransmits the SYN packet 4 more times before giving up.

Attempting to connect via a browser returns a connection timeout.

A trace route to ofx.edwardjones.com gets as far as EDWARD-D.JO.bear1.Phoenix1.Level3.net [4.79.167.186] before the ICMP requests are ignored by the network devices in the path.
  • RMBLUDGRMBLUDG Member
    Same Problem. Can not update transactions for Edward Jones May 19
  • Slivvy77Slivvy77 Member
    Will not update transactions for Edward Jones. No problem with other accounts. OL-297-A "Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection." I am able to access Edward Jones thru their website without a problem. One Step Update and individual account update do not work.
  • Teddy OTeddy O Member
    Ed Jones will not update ERROR code OL-297-A Quicken not able to establish a connection. Had this same problem with fifth third bank except error code OL-295-A it took 54 days to correct the issue. it just started working again 5/16/20
    Quicken please don't let this happen again Ed Jones !!!!!!
  • KipKip Member
    Same Problem. Please address ASAP and resolve!
  • Margaret LuthMargaret Luth Member ✭✭
    Same problem. All other accounts are updating without issue.
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    Same issue....is anyone looking at this???

Running R26.23 Version 27.1.26.23 Quicken for Windows
  • mudhead46mudhead46 Member ✭✭
    edited May 20
    Same exact issue as others. Unique to Edward Jones updates. Tried resetting one account and it ran for 5-8 minutes before I stopped it. Very strange! Running latest version in Windows.
  • PianomanPianoman Member ✭✭
    Same problem and timeframe (started May 18th 2020). Still not working today "Quicken cannot communicate with Edward Jones". Always times out. No problem signing in directly to EJ online. Quicken please fix!!!
  • PianomanPianoman Member ✭✭
    Same problem and timeframe (started May 18th 2020). Still not working today "Quicken cannot communicate with Edward Jones". Always times out. No problem signing in directly to EJ online. Quicken please fix!!!
    OK, I sent log files from the Help.
  • IreneMIreneM Member ✭✭
    Same problem with Edward Jones OL297-A error. Tried to send report and log files to Quicken but would not do that either! This needs to be fixed!