Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

what is the reference column for on the Mac?

This discussion was created from comments split from: After updating to QM 2017 4.3.3 there is no Reference Numbers access.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This is Financial Institution Transaction ID (FITID). It's the same as you can see in the Transaction Inspector (View > Show Inspector). It is only filled in if the value comes in with a downloaded transaction.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks but I am not sure I quite follow because there is also in the register a FITID that you can show. For me I can't find anything in any of my downloaded transcations across multiple banks that shows anything in the Reference column but they show things in the FITID column.

Related then the Sync ID is just unique to Quicken since there is one for transactions that haven't been downloaded. I am guessing that in the background Quicken makes a note of each transaction Sync ID and linked it to the FITID which in turn links to the Reference Column.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Makes sense. In my data, the Reference column is only filled in for some accounts, and when it is, it is always the same as FITID.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.