Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bill and Income Reminders-Different Last Payment (Edited)

Many recurring bills with fixed amounts have end dates with the last payment having a different amount for the last payment which is known at the time the scheduled payments are setup in Quicken. It would be nice to be able to enter a different last payment amount.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about reminders used for making loan payments, where the last payment may be a small reminder amount or a large balloon payment?
    The Loan Setup process in Quicken should take care of that for you.
  • tvieceli
    tvieceli Member
    Actually, Bill Payment Reminders. Many of my bills vary from month-to-month, so I like the thought of the reminder showing an approximate of the coming bill. Quicken offers either a "fixed amount" or an "estimate" based on the chosen amount of previous payments to the payee. The problem I'm having is that when I choose the "estimate", it successfully averages out the previous 3 payments but never changes from the initial result . . . meaning as my bill changes, it doesn't re-figure from the previous 3 payments. It stays the same amount as the initial result. I'm sure I have a setting or something wrong because it seems that this would be an easy thing for the software.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you would like Quicken's Online Biller feature, which presents you with actual upcoming bills.
    For the original problem of one last different payment, you can set up your recurring payment to stop one period early, and schedule a one-time payment for the last one.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.