Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I installed the new version of Quicken today and the data is old/wrong How do I correct it?

I purchased the new version to replace my 2017 Deluxe version. I used the auto install link that uninstalled and then reinstalled Quicken. The data is wrong It is out of date, some going back to last year.
Not off to a good start.

Best Answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the wrong Quicken file was opened.  I suggest you select File > Find Quicken Files... to locate the appropriate Quicken file or backup.
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    When I did the download, when it finished installing, it asked if I wanted to open Quicken and I said yes. The file that it opened is the one that has out of date data. I closed it and reopened it with the same result so the 'new' (wrong data) version is linked to to my Quicken icon
    I went to the file/find list.
    The first one was time stamped 8:27 pm and said it was a transfer/download/ Quicken. I tried that and there was no change.
    The second one was time stamped 7:52pm and was labeled transfer/download/Quicken/backup. When I looked at that one is said it appeared to be a backup of the one that was open. I could restore but couldn't be undone.
    The 3rd one was time stamped 2:43 and was labeled Quicken QDF user...etc and appears to be the backup that i did just before I started the download.
    I did not act on any of them, awaiting your instruction.
    Why would it take me to old data when I followed the prompts? Not impressed
    Thanks
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    budi said:
    When I did the download, when it finished installing, it asked if I wanted to open Quicken and I said yes. The file that it opened is the one that has out of date data. I closed it and reopened it with the same result so the 'new' (wrong data) version is linked to to my Quicken icon
    I went to the file/find list.
    The first one was time stamped 8:27 pm and said it was a transfer/download/ Quicken. I tried that and there was no change.
    The second one was time stamped 7:52pm and was labeled transfer/download/Quicken/backup. When I looked at that one is said it appeared to be a backup of the one that was open. I could restore but couldn't be undone.
    The 3rd one was time stamped 2:43 and was labeled Quicken QDF user...etc and appears to be the backup that i did just before I started the download.
    I did not act on any of them, awaiting your instruction.
    Why would it take me to old data when I followed the prompts? Not impressed
    Thanks
    When we upgrade from Quicken 2017 to the Quicken Subscription, Quicken will assume the first Quicken file we want to access is in the default location which should be the user's Documents\Quicken folder.  I suspect this happens because the location of the QUSER.INI file changed between the products.

You need to determine which file is the correct one.  My assumption would be that it would be one with a modification time stamp prior to the upgrade.  Another way you may be able to locate the appropriate Quicken file would be to examine the Quicken 2017 QUSER.INI file assuming it still exists.

In Quicken 2017, the QUSER.INI file was located in the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\config folder.  In the Quicken subscription, the QUSER.INI file is located in the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config folder.  Note: My understanding is the location was changed because Intuit no longer owns Quicken.
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    so in lay person speak, you are suggesting that I restore the back up that I did before I purchased and downloaded and installed the new Quicken?
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    That solved the problem and I now have all my current data back
    Thank you
    Any idea why this happened when I followed the prompts and it was all done automatically? If I needed to just restore my backup why wouldn't it tell me to do so?
This discussion has been closed.