Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Project Balance is incorrect

I have a checking account with a positive balance, but the project balance page always shows a grossly negative balance from today forward. This account has no withdrawal reminders or bills.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• rockwellrk
    rockwellrk Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks, Sherlock, but no joy. I don't have any overdue reminders. I ran the file validation tool and found one small issue with another account, nothing that affects the account in question.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the initial projected balance is not correct, Quicken thinks there are one or more reminders that impact the balance of the register that have not been entered.  The easiest way to find these Overdue reminders is to press Ctrl + J.  If there are no Overdue reminders that explain the discrepancy, you may want to review:  https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • rockwellrk
    rockwellrk Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks, Sherlock, but no joy. I don't have any overdue reminders. I ran the file validation tool and found one small issue with another account, nothing that affects the account in question.
  • rockwellrk
    rockwellrk Member
    No, around -11k, and it should be closer to +10k
  • rockwellrk
    rockwellrk Member
    I ended up deleting the account and re-importing the transactions. Problem solved. This type of thing shouldn't have happened. Quicken needs to do better.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please do TOOLS, Account List ... and tell us what it says in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to this account.
    BECAUSE, depending upon your reply, this could actually be an FI issue ... and not a Q issue.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • rockwellrk
    rockwellrk Member
    I had already deleted the old account, so opened up a backup version from when the account was still there. The Transaction Download column for this account says Yes (Express Web Connect).
  • rockwellrk
    rockwellrk Member
    Thanks... couldn't I use the backup file to troubleshoot from?
This discussion has been closed.