Can Savings Goal show something other than a Monthly Goal

I've been a quicken user since the 90's and have used the Planning/Savings Goal tool ever since it came out. I have 16 Savings Goals established. The Planning page shows how much "Monthly Contribution to Meet Goal: $xx.xx HOWEVER, I"m paid weekly, not monthly. It would be nice if this could be edited to match how often I am paid, so I can quickly see how much I need to contribute to each savings goal.

Is this something that could be added to a future update?

Thank you - Harold
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Julio
    Quicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @Harold Terranova,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

This sounds like a great idea! Let's see if there are other community members that would agree with your proposal.

I would recommend visiting this FAQ and creating an Idea that other Quicken users can vote on. You can even search to see if someone has already posted a similar idea so you can submit your vote.

If you create an Idea, remember to provide as much information and detail to create a strong argument for why your idea should be implemented.
    Best,
    JV
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2020
    I converted this thread into an IDEA by clicking on the STAR icon to the right of the title, then clicking on "Ideation" and then "Idea".
    For some unknown reason, that didn't work.  SEEMED to convert to an IDEA ... but I got a "Not configured for Idea" error message when I tried to vote for it.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If I have 16 savings goals I needed to fill in weekly what I would do is setup 16 reminders.  A savings goal works just like another account you just have to transfer it from the contributing account to the savings goal account.  Yes you have to do the math once to determine how much to do for each week to meet the goal, but that is pretty simple math.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    For some unknown reason, that didn't work.  SEEMED to convert to an IDEA ... but I got a "Not configured for Idea" error message when I tried to vote for it.

For what it is worth, I was able to vote for this idea.  I unvoted because I don't use savings goals.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Chris_QPW said:
    NotACPA said:

For what it is worth, I was able to vote for this idea.  I unvoted because I don't use savings goals.

You must have voted after a Mod changed it to an idea.  My attempt to make that change, and then vote,  (and then change it back) took less than 30 seconds.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP