Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

OL-293-A Fidelity and Wealthscape (also Fidelity)

OL-293-A connecting to Fidelity, Wealthscape Investor (also Fidelity). Tried troubleshooting. Called support - told that many people are experiencing this. Has been going on for several days.

Called support and was told that many people are calling about this issue. Any news on this from Quicken?

Answers

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac Member ✭✭✭✭
    This type of error typically is a temporary one that is often self-resolved within a day or so.  When it doesn't self-resolve one of the following steps will often fix it.  A few days ago I had the same problem with Fidelity and step #1 fixed it for me.:
    1)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Transactions.
    2)  If that doesn't work:  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.
    3)  If that doesn't work: 
    • Backup your data file in case something goes wrong.
    • Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    • General tab > remove all Financial Institution Information from the upper right corner (area circled in red).
    • Repeat these 2 steps for each account with that FI.
    • Online Services tab (it doesn't matter which of the accounts you had deactivated) > Set Up Now > follow the prompts.
    • During this process be sure to check the box if you want your login information saved to your Password Vault.
    • During this process Quicken will likely prompt you to either Add, Link or Ignore data downloaded into Quicken.  Be sure to select Link and the appropriate account(s) in Quicken.
    • This process might cause there to be duplicate transactions into your Account Register(s).  They will need to be manually deleted.
    Let me know if this fixed your connection problem or not.
    (QW Premier R26.23 on Windows 10)
    If my reply has helped you resolve an issue, please "Like" it so others may know it might help them, too.
  • dockramerdockramer Member
    As I mentioned, I was told this was happening with many Quicken users. Also mentioned that troubleshooting did not work.

Anyone else having this issue with Fidelity?
    @dockramer - OL-XXX error codes are Direct Connect issues.  Direct Connect issues are usually caused by the FI's server and Quicken has no control over that.  The FI caused them and must fix them.
    There have been a few posts by others (not many) who have had this error code problem with Fidelity Investments over the past month.  Most of them were from late-Apr to early-May when there was a short-term issue at Fidelity and the connection issue was resolved with one of the steps listed in my prior post after Fidelity fixed the problem on their end.  There were also a few posts from within the past week but those instances appear to have been resolved, as well, by following steps listed above. 
    You didn't say which troubleshooting steps you've taken and when you took them.  No one is going to be able to assist you if you don't provide more details of that. 
    Also, just because you tried something in the past and it didn't work is not an indicator that it won't work now.  As noted in my previous post, earlier this week I did have a connection problem, too.  The first day I wasn't able to fix my connection issue but the next day I was.
    But if your objective is to simply find out if others are also having this problem and not to try to resolve the problem, then I will bow out.
    If my reply has helped you resolve an issue, please "Like" it so others may know it might help them, too.
    Thanks for the replies

Support rep told me that he had several calls the day I called w same problem. I was surprised that there weren't more posts about it. It's been going on for almost a week. Also, happening with Fidelity NetBenefits and Wealthscape Investor - two different logins but both are Fidelity owned.

This all points to Fidelity. The troubleshooting steps did not work and my logins work directly. I was looking to see if others had the issue and if Quicken support had done anything to fix.
    @dockramer - Ah, Fidelity Netbenefits.  Yes, there are posts about current OL-29X issues with Net Benefits.  You might want to review the thread at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20091021#Comment_20091021.  A Quicken Rep is involved in that thread.  Also, someone in there said their connection issue was resolved after they talked with Fidelity but that person didn't say what was done to resolve it.  You can bookmark it (click on the star to the right of the thread title) to make sure you are kept in the loop on what is posted there.
    Also, if/when you talk with Fidelity to address this, make sure to ask to speak with someone in their Tech Support.  Regular Customer Service Reps (with just about any FI) typically know nothing about resolving technical issues so your time will likely be wasted if you don't actually talk with a Tech Support person.
  • Corner99Corner99 Member
    tried Boatnmaniac solution #3 with no success. Strangely I have the quciken program on 3 computers. Two have the problem, one does not, so guessing it is not a Fidelity issue. Using windows 10. Any other suggestions?
    Spoke w support - turns out there was not a global issue with Fidelity as I was told by support, it was my file. Needed to restore a backup and re-enter some old tx but it is now working. Issue closed