Can't Adjust Bill Reminder Date

I recently upgraded to Quicken Deluxe 2020 from 2017. When I pay my bills early, I manually adjust the date for the next cycle. Quicken 2020 allows me to change it via the Manage Reminders as the previous version, but defaults back after I save the change.

For example; If The bill is due 6/1/2020 and I pay it 5/15, Quicken automatically increments the next cycle date to 7/1/2020. I used to be able to manually update the reminder and set it back to 6/1/2020 or whatever I wanted for that matter. Now when I make the change and click Done, it ignores the update and changes it back to 7/1/2020.

This is especially frustrating b/c it's such a simple feature, or used to be.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's start with some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    Reboot Windows? Seriously? While I realize there are novice users out there, I am not. I'm an IT professional... this is a bug in the software. Just wondering if there's a fix or workaround.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the reminder may be linked to online bill.  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-online-bills-quicken
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock, but I don't use online billing, just reminders. No link between the two.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Sherlock, but I don't use online billing, just reminders. No link between the two.
    No need to apologize.  I'm able to reproduce the issue using a monthly reminder.   It's definitely a change in behavior.  I hope the developers don't think this is a feature.

Now, we just need to get a moderator's attention.  I've flagged your post.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @nullsetzero and @Sherlock

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue and thank you for the flag!

I am able to recreate this issue in Quicken, I just wanted to clarify one detail.

To make sure I'm understanding correctly if the bill is due 6/1 and that bill for 6/1 is paid 5/15.

Can you clarify the need to have the reminder be in June again if the bill has already been paid for June?

I just want to be able to provide full details when I report this issue.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka,

I can think of many reasons we may want to reset the Next due on date to an earlier date.  

For this example, suppose we happened to use the 6/1 reminder to pay the remainder of the 5/1 bill.  

There are ugly work arounds.  For this example, cut the 5/15 transaction, set the reminder to 6/1, and paste the transaction.   Or, set the reminder to 5/15 before entering the transaction, then set the reminder back to 6/1.

If any user change to the manual reminder is not being allowed, shouldn't Quicken raise an error on entry as opposed to accepting the change and then surreptitiously altering the reminder?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sherlock

Thank you for providing more details and an example!

I have gone ahead and reported this issue, I would respond back when I have more details.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    @Sherlock is correct. Many reasons why I'd like to reset the next due date. If can pay a bill early, that's great... I pay it and reset the reminder, especially for credit cards, to avoid interest.
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    Also, if you pay the bill early, the max view in Bill & Income is 30 Days, so you cant scroll and find the bill/reminder to enter unless you reset the date, which is my case specifically.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you pay the bill early, the max view in Bill & Income is 30 Days, so you cant scroll and find the bill/reminder to enter unless you reset the date, which is my case specifically.
    I suggest you consider switching from the Stack View.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This feature also appears to impact income reminders: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876449/issue-with-bills-tab
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka Any movement on this?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @nullsetzero

Thank you for the response, this bug has been officially reported and is being researched.

At this time, there is no ETA, but I will update this post as more information becomes available.

Thank your patience and for taking the time to report the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

CTP-783
    ~~~***~~~
  • betrout
    betrout Member
    I have a similar, probably related issue, but want to make moderators aware: I have edited the next due date on a non-online payment for annual (vs. monthly). I have done this several times, each time it reverts back to monthly. Thank you for getting this fixed.
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    @betrout this is the same issue and it has not been fixed. Mine are also non-online payments/reminders.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • raccah
    raccah Member
    We have the same issue and it is extremely frustrating - I really hope this gets fixed soon!
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    Just installed update vR27.24, Build 27.1.27.24 and it DID NOT fix the issue.

@Quicken_Tyka please inform why the bug fix was not included in this release.
  • raccah
    raccah Member
    Indeed - the bug/release notes did not talk about this bug sadly
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    I just updated to vR.27.28 -- the issue remains! I upgraded from Quicken 2017 with no issues to a paid subscription version that doesn't. Nice work.
    @Quicken_Tyka When will this be resolved???
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @nullsetzero

Thank you for the bump, at this time there is no ETA that I am able to provide.

This issue is currently being reviewed I do not have any additional details at this time.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    Quicken just upgraded to vR27.42, still no resolution.
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Just updated to vR28.10. Annnnnnnnnd still not fixed.

[removed - off-topic/disruptive]
  • raccah
    raccah Member
    edited August 2020
    I have to agree - [removed - disruptive]
  • nullsetzero
    nullsetzero Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Upgraded to R28.16, still not fixed. I assume this will be also [removed - or disruptive] i.e. censored.
  • ehope10
    ehope10 Member
    Sad that this won't be changed.... It worked so well for me in other versions.
  • raccah
    raccah Member
    edited September 2020
    [Removed-Disruptive/Rant]
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanting to see if I understand this issue correctly.

In prior Quicken versions, the user had complete flexibility to adjust reminder dates to their preferences. Now in Quicken subscription, users are only allowed to change a reminder date if the date is a future date? 

I am puzzled why this change was made. What issue was being addressed with this change in behavior?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • bill L2
    bill L2 Member ✭✭
    I am using R28.24 and I cannot change the reminder date to a future date, it still refers back to the original date
This discussion has been closed.