Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Loan extra principle above 3100.00 causing error

When I add extra principle towards a loan, any amount above $3100.00 causes an error. Screen shot of error attached. Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited May 27
    Hello @rogermortensen,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with this, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Additionally, if you have not already, I suggest creating a new loan account in Quicken to determine if the behavior persists there.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• rogermortensenrogermortensen Member ✭✭
    Hi Q-N:

Thank you for your input. Version info screen shot is attached.

Should I do a data file repair or verification?

Roger
    Hi Q-N:

I just added a new loan account, per your request.

The account works normally, and when I pay extra principle the program behaves correctly, no problems.

So, my existing mortgage loan account has some type of corruption. What can I do?

Roger
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @rogermortensen

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

If the trouble persists after completing the file validation, you may need to move forward using the newly created loan account.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    Hi Q_T:

I attempted your recommendation. Problem, no File > File Operations > Validate & Repair option exists. Screen shot attached...

Any further help is appreciated.

Roger
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka or one of the other moderators will get back to you with advice specific to Quicken Mac. She gave you advice for solving problems in Quicken for Windows by mistake.

@rogermortensen
    when attaching images to this Community, please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only. They are easier to view by others than PDF files. Thank you.
    Do I understand you correctly that you are trying to add a one-time "Extra Principal" payment amount of $10,000 included as part of your monthly payment?
    In Quicken for Windows that would require an additional Split line, leaving the regular monthly principal amount unchanged, e.g.
    The $10,000 would be added to line 3.
    I'm not sure how similar or different that is in Q Mac, but one of the Mac experts can tell you.

Hello,

Thank you for the tag, although I apologize for providing steps for the Windows program.

Is there any discrepancy that can be located in the loan terms comparing the existing loan account and the new working account?

Also, do you recall if there was ever an adjustment transaction that had been created and was then removed possibly?

If neither of those is the case, the Mac version does not offer a repair option, the only option would then be to move forward with the new working loan account.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Hi Q_T:

Thank you for your thoughts. No to your questions.

Where can I get written instructions on how to migrate the years of transaction data from the damaged loan account database record into a new loan account?

Roger
    Hello @rogermortensen

Transactions can be dragged and dropped into another account to be moved.

I would open the previous loan account and either hold "Command + A"  on the keyboard to highlight all of the transactions then drag and drop the transactions into the new account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka