Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Subscription version no longer updating transactions

This discussion was created from comments split from: quicken 2017.

Comments

• davidm4444
    davidm4444 Member ✭✭
    i haven't read all the comments above yet, but apparently i'm not the only one who has new quicken 2020 that will no longer update my bank account, won't Import a QFX file, and no longer pay bills with quickenbillpay (as QuickenBillPay guy told me it is only compatible with quicken 2017) but Quicken forced me to upgrade to 2020 (cloud/membership/whatever)!

all I know is nothing works now... I could use Excel just as well.

So today I had to pay bills via quickenbillpay.com website, the go to my bank website and locate missing transactions and MANUALLY enter them into Quicken

and they want me to use their NEW product "Quicken Bill Manager"! hahahhaaha
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davidm4444

Are you sure you actually installed Quicken Subscription (2020)? From Quicken --> Help --> About Quicken

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • davidm4444
    davidm4444 Member ✭✭
    I double checked -- About Quicken shows Year: 2020 - Version: R26.23 - Build: 27.1.26.23 - membership valid until 5/5/2021

Everything was working on my 2017 version after a patch that came through a few weeks ago.... I was happy. Then I was told I HAD to upgrade else all connectivity would stop... so I did relunctently. to my surprise, everything still worked AFTER I upgraded, I was relieved. I'm pretty sure I used it a couple times, paid bills, updated my checking account, without errors. then a couple weeks went by before I tried quicken again, and it wanted to "patch itself" again... and darn it I allowed it... that's when I discovered nothing worked again.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to post the exact error message(s) and Financial Intuition if you want us to try and help. We're just other users here.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we used Quicken Bill Pay from within Quicken 2017, we were required to create a new Quicken Bill Pay account when we upgraded to the Quicken subscription:  http://quickenbillpay.com/ArticleWinSwitch.html  As Metavante Payment Services has decided to terminate their Quicken Bill Pay service on August 31 2020, it is probably too lat to create a new account.

Regarding the import issue, please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
This discussion has been closed.