Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Interest Income entry amounts are blank after upgrade from Quicken 2017

The is a linked checking account to a brokerage account. My balance will not reconcile now that the interest entries are blank. Even after entering a number the number will be blank after saving. Previously reconciled entries are now off balance. This seems to have happened after I upgraded from Quicken 2017. Has anybody see this before?

Answers

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @JMc19,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

I suggest taking a look at the information and steps available in this Support Article to begin troubleshooting the issue that you're experiencing with reconciling. 

If the issue persists, you may consider contacting Support directly for more advanced assistance. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and can best work with you towards a resolution.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Terry ChisholmTerry Chisholm Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. I am using Q for Win Premium (2020), Version R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23. Attempted to reconcile two accounts similar to "JMc19" above. I can go all of the way back to 04/30/17 before I can find an deposit of bank interest that isn't blank (43 entries in each account). I could enter the data if the transactions were not "R"econciled in the past.
    Please help me,
    Terry
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try restoring your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
    I have located a backup file which meets the recommended criteria which is dated 05/05/20. How do you suggest using I take that and get caught up with transactions that took place between then and now?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restore that backup file to a different file name.
    Test to see if the problem is resolved
    If yes, get caught up with missing transactions and keep using that file instead of the old one.
    Thanks. Took all day. The question is: What caused those interest entries to loose the amounts? Any ideas? It seems to have been coincidental with the update "R-26.17"...wonder who is testing for QUICKEN!
This discussion has been closed.