How to add old transactions to current file

I have credit card transactions in two Quicken 2020 files spanning about 25 years (each created by conversion from Q2007) that I wish to add to my current Q2020 data. Is there a way to export only the credit card transactions from those older files and import into the current one? I tried to do it by clicking and dragging a long list of selected transactions. It seemed to work, until it didn't. I'm not sure where I went wrong, but files lost months and years when I resumed work on it. I may have mis-saved the file.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I think the easiest way it to make a copy of your old file, then delete everything you don't want to transfer. Then export to QXF (Quicken Windows Transfer File). Import that file into a copy of your current file. If the transactions end up in a separate account, then drag and drop them to the correct account. After you're sure everything is okay, replace your current file with the copy. And just for safety, make backups before starting.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I think the easiest way it to make a copy of your old file, then delete everything you don't want to transfer. Then export to QXF (Quicken Windows Transfer File). Import that file into a copy of your current file. If the transactions end up in a separate account, then drag and drop them to the correct account. After you're sure everything is okay, replace your current file with the copy. And just for safety, make backups before starting.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.