Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Accounts not updating/syncing

I all of a sudden started having a couple of issues with my Quicken for Mac (5.16.1) downloading transactions that I can't seem to resolve:

After I run sync I have several accounts that are showing a 'green' status, but have not been updated for over a week, despite transactions needing downloaded. These accounts span multiple account types and institutions. I tried re-signing in to the bank (Chase (Credit Card) for one) and everything appeared normal, ran sync again - green status but said 'Last Update' was 5/21 and I can see cleared transactions out there from 5/21-5/26.

For my Capital One 360 Accounts I get an "Account Sync Error" despite having gone in to reauthorize the accounts AND getting a confirmation email from the bank that I was now sharing my bank data with Quicken, my Cap One accounts still trigger an error pop-up.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Ben McMahan

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That is odd. When you  resign into them do you mean deactivating and reactivating the accounts? Or do you go to the banks websites and everything is fine on their side? If you haven't tried deactivating and reactivating I would recommend try so here. I'll also link the articles above if you're unsure how to do so. 

Since there's quite a few errors as well I would also recommend contacting support when you get a chance. It could be something underlying with so many accounts having issues but i'm not entirely sure. Here's the link to contact support and I'll also list the hours below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Ben McMahanBen McMahan Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco - was on with Tech Support for hours; unfortunately only solution they could come up with is that my file is somehow corrupted and therefore it's start from scratch time, so I have to redo account set ups, budgets, the whole works..... It's going to suck, a lot.
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @Ben McMahan

I took a look at the ticket to see at the troubleshooting that you attempted with support to see if there was anything else I could potentially add but they were quite extensive with the troubleshooting that they did do from the looks of it. I am sorry to here that they weren't able to find a solution.

One thing I can recommend with starting the new file is if you're looking to add previous years of data you should be able to go to the banks website and import a QFX file into the program. Depending on the bank they'll let you go back within a range from 3 months to - Multiple years generally. I would give that a go if you're looking to make up some of those older transactions or if you're even looking to just start at the beginning of the year. 

Here are also instructions on how to import if you're unsure how to. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-import-data-quicken-windows

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco

• vajrapvajrap Member ✭✭
    I am having the EXACT same problem. Same version of Quicken for Mac, accounts have not updated since 5/20/20 but when I do sync they register as green dots. This is clearly a Quicken problem, not our individual issue, as we are both having the same trouble across all accounts.
  • vajrapvajrap Member ✭✭
    It is not reasonable to tell Ben McMahan and I that we have to redo all of our data. If he is having this problem, and I'm having this problem separately, it is not corruption of our data, something is wrong with Quicken for Mac. Please fix it.
  • Allen522Allen522 Member ✭✭
    I'm also working with Quicken for Mac (5.16.1) and, since 5/20/20, having a weird problem when trying to download transactions. Every time I try to "Update All Online Accounts" I get a "Quicken Error" window saying there is a problem signing into my Paypal account. Then, when I try re-establish the connection to Paypal within Quicken I get an eternally spinning cursor.

I should be able to work around this issue by "hiding" my Paypal account, because hiding an account is supposed to stop it from downloading transactions. But, oddly, this issue occurs even when I "hide" my Paypal account and select "Updated Selected Online Account" while in another account. Quicken is still trying to download from my messed up Paypal account connection even when I've hidden it and am working in another account.

It's clear I'm not the only one who started having this issue on 5/20/20 and I hope your support team is looking into resolving this matter for us. Thanks!
    I tried a few more backups and got impatient and started a new file, budget and all my custom categories is going to be the worst part of it all. Suppose I need to do a better job of shutting down/backing up (daily)

But yeah I agree, I was pretty disappointed in the help and response I got, certainly was not expecting this to be a 'start over' kind of event; seemed really strange to me that even if I deleted the impacted accounts entirely from my file there were still issues and the institution couldn't be re-added as a New account without the same issues/errors occurring.

Suppose a lesson learned for me about backing up more frequently to have more options to fall back to - but I hope Quicken takes a deeper look at this 5/20 issue because sounds like I'm not the only one.
  • Allen522Allen522 Member ✭✭
    I found the fix for my issue from Arthur55 on the "Account Sync Error for Hidden Account that was Closed Last Year" page. Here's the fix he furnished that completely resolved this issue for me: "I went into Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services>Cloud Account, then clicked Reset. Everything straightened out. No Sync errors and everything updated."
  • ppsibley2020ppsibley2020 Member
    Mac version 5.16.1 - I have the same issues as described by most people on this thread. No new account activity downloaded since 5/22/20. Starting over fresh is an absurd piece of advice to resolve the issue. I tried the remedy provided by Allen522 above and unfortunately, it did not work. Good thing that I JUST paid for my subscription renewal about four weeks ago and in return, I get an unusable piece of software. I expect that Quicken needs to identify a proper fix.
  • vajrapvajrap Member ✭✭
    This worked for me too!!! Thank you @Allen522. It's amazing that Quicken is instead telling people like Ben McMahan to redo their entire account. This worked for almost all accounts and then there was one I had to reconnect by doing "new account" and then linking to old account...

> @Allen522 said:
    > I found the fix for my issue from Arthur55 on the "Account Sync Error for Hidden Account that was Closed Last Year" page. Here's the fix he furnished that completely resolved this issue for me: "I went into Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services>Cloud Account, then clicked Reset. Everything straightened out. No Sync errors and everything updated."
  • treevistreevis Member
    Had the same issue, and was about to start over, then tried the suggestion from @Allen522 and resetting it got all my accounts working again and downloaded new transactions that hadn't shown up.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Allen522 Just so you know based on what has been said in other Quicken Mac threads.  Hiding an account doesn't affect whether Quicken Mac will update the account or not.  If you want to stop an account from downloading you need to deactivate it.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • DrNormDrNorm Member ✭✭
    I have had the same issue for some time with multiple Chase CC accounts, TIAA, CapitalOne and a new CitiBank savings account. I also recently set-up a completely new Quicken data file for a business account and it is having the exact same problems, so "starting from scratch" will absolutely not fix/change the problem. EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to "update accounts" I have to manually do so by "editing" those accounts and selecting "change PW" (although deactivating and re-activating works, as well and also does not solve the problem).

I have tried deleting the Quicken PW's from the Keychain and creating "new" accounts that I then link to the old ones (this was a "fix" recommended in Quicken support pages) and that didn't fix anything.

SO:
    1) starting all new accounts from scratch does not fix the problem
    2) deactivating accounts and then deleting Keychain entries and then "adding new" accounts also does not fix it.

Very frustrating..... and since it is occurring with about 8 different accounts, it takes a lot of extra time- about 2 min. per account EVERY time.
  • vajrapvajrap Member ✭✭
    It's happening less for me now. The one that repeatedly has trouble is Venmo. I've found the fastest solution is to do "new account", choose Venmo, and then it asks me if I want to link to the existing one and I say "yes"... then the update will work, although I might need to re-do the process again the next time...
    I rebuilt my Quicken file, which was a painful process, but made some improvements along the way - seemed to be working fine and back to normal; but, this morning got sync errors for both my Chase accounts, can see cleared transactions in my Chase.com account view. Hopefully, this is a minor hiccup - but I have a bad feeling
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Ben McMahan  Try again now.  Yesterday my update failed (said the password was wrong), after trying a few things I went to the Chase website and tried to log in, and that failed.  But later in the night it was working, but downloading using Quicken wasn't.  So I just tried it, and it is now working for me.

Please note that I have my Chase accounts setup to download using Direct Connect.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
This discussion has been closed.