Have to quit Quicken after entering mortgage payment

After navigating to Property & Debt/Property & Debt Accounts/Mortgage/Enter Loan Payment, and entering the monthly mortgage payment, I have to quit and relaunch Quicken. The reason is that once the payment is entered, the blank transaction line on the bottom of the check register has disappeared. The only way to resume entering transactions is to restart the software. This has been going on for a long time, and I'm finally sick of it. I haven't found a setting that would explain this, and the mortgage is the only account that causes this
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's start with some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Jed Dolnick
    Jed Dolnick Member ✭✭
    I performed all of the steps. The only notable feature of the first validation was several hundred transactions of different kinds and accounts, going back several years, that Quicken suggested should be deleted and re-created, which I'm not going to do. The super validation was clean. The problem continues. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Jed Dolnick if this only happens in one account (doesn't happen in a newly created account) what I would do is create a new account and move the transactions from the old account to the new one and delete the old one.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.