Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

In the 'Security Details view, the 'More Charting' button and the 'Online Research' does nothing

lucmajorlucmajor Member ✭✭
In the 'Security Details view, the 'More Charting' button does nothing.

I can change the timeframe, security, pop-out the chart, nothing happens when I click on that button.

Any item selected from the 'Online Research' also result in nothing happenning..

I have Quicken Home and Business 2020 - Canadian edition - R5.24 - Windows 10

Anyone has an idea why?
User since 1998.
Quicken - 2020 - Home and Business - Canadian - R25.24
Windows 10 Version 1909 ( os build 18363.836)

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @lucmajor,

Is this happening for only the one security shown in your attachment, or does it occur for all securities in your portfolio?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • lucmajorlucmajor Member ✭✭
    Same result with all security, being Canadian or US. I can download historical prices without problem, click on the small NEWS pictures in the portfolio list. Only all 'online research' pull down item and the 'More Charting' button does nothing.
    User since 1998.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @lucmajor

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

I am unable to recreate this issue, the Online Research as well as the More Charting button both respond and provide more information.

Are you by chance using a VPN or running any 3rd party anti-virus that could be blocking this information?

Also, how long have you been experiencing this? Has this portion ever worked properly for you?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • lucmajorlucmajor Member ✭✭
    I do not recall the last time I used this but It was working last year but on a different computer as I had to replace it. I do not use VPN or proxy and use Windows 10 antivirus. I tried on a second computer that had an older version of Quicken and was upgraded and I see the same issue there. Nothing happens when I click on the button or menu choice. Keep in mind that I do not download any online data from any bank or brokerage. Only quotes. Not sure if this could be related.
    User since 1998.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @lucmajor

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

I am also able to recreate this issue using the Candian Version, I have gone ahead and reported this issue.

I will respond back as soon as I have more details.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka