What's Happening in the Quicken Community June '20 Edition
We hope the month is getting off to a great start and you are all staying safe and healthy!
The Mac team is pleased to announce the release of Version 5.16.0, which is a massive release adding tons of new reports, Quickfill, Renaming Rule preferences and more. If you haven’t yet, we encourage you to visit the ongoing thread posted by Quicken Marcus here, and join in the conversation to share any questions/concerns you may have with the latest release.
The community is a great place for resources and information about Quicken, but did you know that Quicken also writes a blog? Available here, the Quicken Blog covers many topics for planning for the future and achieving financial success.
To wrap up this month’s news, the Community Support Team would like to take a moment to thank all of our amazing Users.
We have the best customers in the world and a fantastic group of community Users who communicate, share information, troubleshooting tips and all the little tricks that help us to use Quicken to the fullest.
You are amazing and we would not be the company or community that we are without you, thank you!
- Recording Meter Readings in Quicken
- Stop Loss Report for Investments
- Add Depreciation to Schedule E for Rental Property
- Enhance Asset Accounts to Associate & Save Attachments
Key Releases & Highlights for Quicken for Mac
- New: QuickFill rules can now be locked to prevent overwriting or modifying rules that you don’t want changed.
- New: We have added preferences for QuickFill and Renaming Rules to determine whether rules will be auto created, by default, when creating or editing transactions.
- New: Added more than 20 new, standard reports to help you better understand your financial picture, including income and spending reports.
- New: You can now pay bills from your register using Quick Pay or Check Pay.
- Fixed: An issue that prevented newly added accounts from appearing in budgets.
- Fixed: An issue in which adding a transfer from one account to another failed to display a prompt to match an existing transaction.
Key Releases & Highlights for Quicken for Windows
Release R26.21 (US Versions, May 2020)
- Fixed: An issue in which syncing an invoice account changed the account type from AR to Property & Debt.
- Fixed: An issue in which crashes were caused by reopening of the data file after backup when exiting the program.
- Fixed: An issue in which a Member Communication Platform (MCP) call was made even when there was no FI selected for One Step Update (OSU).
- Fixed: An issue in which Quicken became unresponsive when canceling a program exit from the file backup dialog.
- Fixed: Compatibility issues with a recent Chrome browser upgrade.
Release R26.23 (US Versions, May 2020)
- Fixed: Issues involving occasional crashes during sync or when closing the program.
- Fixed: Issue with Wells Fargo that prevented persistent connections.
Community Stats for the Month of May ‘20
1,424 New Discussions created with 6,845 comments posted by 1,899 Contributors
1,020 New Questions created with 1,190 answers posted and 660 Accepted Answers
Community Leaderboards for May ‘20