Home Quicken for Mac Investing (Mac)

Wells fargo Advisors Not downloading

ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
Just want to check b4 calling WFA about the inability to download investment transactions. Banking transactions appear to be working. Is there any issue the folks at Quicken are aware of?

Answers

• waltgomeswaltgomes Member
    Same here no downloads from WFA since prior to May 22nd.
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited May 27
    I have the same issue with Wells Fargo Advisors. No downloads since May 22nd. I have two different Quicken files with at total of 10 WFA accounts, and none of them are updating. Also, I am using the Windows version, but again, I have the same problem as the OP. So I think the issue is happening with both versions.
  • ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still no downloads from WFA, will make a few calls today 
  • MaikeerMaikeer Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem here with Quicken Windows.  No error messages, but no downloaded transactions, since right about May 22.  

The problem is only with Wells Fargo Advisors - my Wells Fargo bank and credit card accounts are downloading fine.

Quicken for Windows subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.   
    My download was successful this morning for May 28 transactions.  I will apparently have to manually deal with the transactions between May 22-27.  Fortunately not many.  :)  

• Cyndy YoungCyndy Young Member ✭✭
    I have spent two days on Chat with Quicken and gotten nowhere except for them to say it's not their problem
    I have several CDs and annuities that get their prices updated from the transaction file and not a pricing feed. This morning, their 5/22/20 prices got updated, but nothing else. So maybe the 5/22 transaction file got updated and not the 5/28? I guess I will just wait to see what happens tomorrow.
    Just got off with WFA, , they seem to show many folks calling on this issue. Got a case #..hopefully can get resolved shortly

None of my transactions and CD prices from WFA downloaded (direct connect) this morning (5/30/20). No error message. Did a download from the WF website and transactions from 5/22/20 downloaded.
    Same here, after seemingly working for one day.  No transactions, no error message, the morning of May 30.  

When I downloaded the .qfx (Windows) file from the website, I got this message:

There are no new transactions.  However, investment balances and holdings have been updated. [OL-96-A]

However, that is not the case.  Quicken shows my "Holdings at Wells Fargo Advisors as of 5/22/2020 5:00:00 AM"   :(

• Steve4648Steve4648 Member
    SimonSezSo: Was your download a QFX file?
    I tried that this morning as well but received the message "There are no new transactions. However, investment balances and holding have been updated. [OL-96-A]" [OL-96_B] is also displayed. These statements are not true in that holdings (a sell on the 28th) wasn't updated or reflected in holdings. Although several transaction are listed on the website under recent activity, nothing has downloaded since May 22.
    edited May 30
    I tried OSU, Update Now, and a download directly from the WF website. When I downloaded from the website (QFX?) I did get the OL 96-A pop-up, which I don't consider an error message. It's just a message that tells you that that no updates were downloaded.
    Tried to do a download from WFA website, nothing still , suspect will have to bug the WFA folks next week again. No telling how long it will take for them to get to my case #..As always the wheel that squeaks , gets the oil
  • J DUB'YAJ DUB'YA Member
    Same issue with Windows version. Something not mentioned here that I have done is to download .QFX account file directly from WF online account. I then have opened the file with Notepad and viewed the code. No transactions listed with a 30 period after the 5/22 date. I did this for all 9 of my WF accounts. Spoke to WF support for 2nd time and indicated this issue. Currently I am believing the issue is with WF. Rec'd expidited Ref number for them and suggested they download a QFX file from my account to verify there are no transactions in the file after 5/22. They said they will contact me with what they find.
    Agree issue seems to be on the WFA side, determined this when the web connect option would not update, similar to J DUB'YA
  • MichaelAMichaelA Member
    Same issue, new downloads from WFA stopped after 5/27 here. Connection being made but get no new transactions.
  • playton54playton54 Member ✭✭
    For 3 weeks now my Wells Fargo accounts have not updated. I have been manually updating from the WF Advisors site and was working great. What happened?
  • Trk1Trk1 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here - Wells Fargo brokerage transactions not downloading.
    My activity for May 29 and June 1 seems to have downloaded appropriately this morning (Quicken for Windows, June 2), including those annoying and useless WFA margin movements, which I always have to delete. :/   

And after manually adding some transactions for May 27 and May 28, I was able to reconcile my cash and holdings.   Hopefully the download problem is fixed now, on the WFA side.  

This morning some transactions downloaded, progress. However, all balances did not update. Partial fix?
    playton54 - you will need to manually add some transactions to balance. I had to add one from the 27th in order to balance. See Maikeer's comment above.
  • BobalaskaBobalaska Member ✭✭
    My issue with Wells Fargo lately has had 2 elements:

1. Investment accounts were not updating, i.e. no transactions.
    2. Now, transactions are downloading and show in the transaction view, but nothing has changed in the portfolio view, which shows items I no longer own and does not show recent purchaes.
  • BobalaskaBobalaska Member ✭✭
    In checking placeholders, some- but not all- of my update issues were resolved by deleting placeholders.

see https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7658265/faq-what-are-placeholder-transactions-in-quicken-for-mac
    I was able to download all my transactions this AM. Hopefully they have the problem solved
    transactions downloaded but balances did not update.
    A different issue as opposed to the site not downloading into QM, Have you checked the registers for any placeholders? If not give it a shot
This discussion has been closed.