Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Scheduled Transactions and Online Bills (Mac)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Add ability to skip a recurring transaction without skipping earlier unpaid instances

If I try to delete a future transaction (from the Bills & Income window), there only seem to be 3 options:

Delete this series of scheduled transactions
Skip this instance and all earlier, unpaid instances
Edit this series of scheduled transactions

There doesn't seem to be an option to skip an instance without also skipping earlier instances.

I have also tried clicking on the status icon (clock shape) for the transaction. It *does* give the option "Skip this Instance". But when I tried that, it also removed all earlier unpaid instances. :/:/
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @sclydebillups

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

At this time there is no option to skip a scheduled transaction without skipping the prior instances.

I have gone ahead and changed this post to an Idea thread so that others may vote to add this feature added to Quicken.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mybank2002mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this seems to have been addressed that would have made me bonkers if that was the option. I was getting on to request that the default be "Skip this instance."

I think a general rule of thumb for software is what is the safest option if a user mindlessly or accidentally just press return twice or okay. You can always go back and select a future instance and choose to remove all of the future transactions.

Also for the first/default option "Delete this series of scheduled transactions, All of the transactions in the series of scheduled transactions will be deleted" should that read instead "All of the future transactions in the series of scheduled transactions will be deleted" or will it really delete past reconciled transactions?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @mybank2002

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question!

The  "Delete this series of scheduled transactions" will delete the previous transactions that are still scheduled.

In this example, if I want to skip the transaction in August, this will also skip the June and July transactions because they are scheduled.

Transactions that have been marked as paid, will not be affected when a scheduled transaction is marked as paid this creates a "real" transaction and is no longer associated with the scheduled series. 

In this example, the June and July transactions have already been marked as paid and the August transaction can now be skipped, and this won't affect the previous transactions.

This would be the current process to skip a future scheduled transaction.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mybank2002mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭
    This makes sense and is good.  That is great to know, this is a little different behavior than it is on Quicken for Windows I think. I made the mistake of entering transactions without linking them and marking them as paid through the scheduled transactions and it completely threw off reports.