Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Problem with Vanguard

Hello - I have a Vanguard 401k. I have been able to update for the past few years - I use a mix of direct connect and manually downloading from vanguard.com. Recently, neither method works.

When I try to use direct connect, I don't get an error message but I get a bunch of placeholder entries for funds I don't own anymore dated in the future (right now they are dated July 1 but a few weeks ago they were dated June 1).

When I try to download manually, I get the OL-362-A error and it says 'Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file.' I have to add all transactions manually right now.

I've tried deactivating and reactivating the online service several times, that doesn't work. It just downloads the same set of placeholder transactions.

Best Answer

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is direct connect available for that account? If so, on the one line services tab of the edit count dialog there would be an option to upgrade to direct connect. That is a far superior connection method.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • Katie Poteat
    Katie Poteat Member ✭✭
    Ok I called it web connect, it is direct connect. It doesn't always work though, so sometimes I had to manually download from Vanguard. Neither method is working right now.
  • Katie Poteat
    Katie Poteat Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I edited the original post, thank you. :-)
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    deactivate the problem account from online services and then activate it again.  During the process choose Link to the existing account, follow the pull-downs all the way to the account name.  It should work again. You may need to import a fx file from the Vanguard account to fill in missing transactions.
  • Katie Poteat
    Katie Poteat Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    FX file doesn't work (gives the OL362A error every time) and I've deactivated/reactivated several times too. Once I reconnect it downloads only the placeholder transactions, dated July 1. Sorry, updated the post again, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.