Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Why can't I import 2019 TurboTax file? TurboTax Import Failed! (Error 2)

Version 2020 R26.23 27.1.26.23 Quicken does not crash as recently reported. I have no problem importing 2018 file with the same name, so it is not related to naming issues reported. I have performed all of the Validated and Repair procedures, including Super Validate. I don't think it is a corruption issue, since 2018 file imports properly. Also, I created a fresh file, and I get the same results. What is Error 2?

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To import a 2019 TurboTax file into Quicken, first save the 2019 TurboTax file without a password, using a simple name (for example TT.tax2019) to a folder on a local drive (for example, the user's Download folder), and exit TurboTax.  In Quicken, select File > File Import > TurboTax File..., navigate to the folder and select the 2019 TurboTax file. 
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • JLP1976JLP1976 Member ✭✭
    How do I save the .tax2019 file without a password? I don't see that as an option in online TurboTax. All I have is a "Download .tax file" link.
  • JLP1976JLP1976 Member ✭✭
    And now for something completely different. I changed the extension on the tax file from .tax2019 to .tax2018 and imported it. The import message reads "The file 'filename.tax2018' contains 2019 tax yer information for ... I hit continue and the import was completed. This has to be some sort of glitch in the Quicken software.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLP1976 said:
    How do I save the .tax2019 file without a password? I don't see that as an option in online TurboTax. All I have is a "Download .tax file" link.
    To save a TurboTax 2019 file without a password, open the TurboTax file in TurboTax, select File > Password..., select Remove Password, OK, and press Ctrl + S.

JLP1976 said:
    And now for something completely different. I changed the extension on the tax file from .tax2019 to .tax2018 and imported it. The import message reads "The file 'filename.tax2018' contains 2019 tax yer information for ... I hit continue and the import was completed. This has to be some sort of glitch in the Quicken software.
    I'm guessing the tax file may have been open by another process when you originally attempted to import it.  I have no issue importing a .tax2019 file.

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10