Account still "temporarily locked" after a week. Never could use the app. How do I get a refund?

I bought Quicken Premier on Saturday, May 23. After installing it and setting up the Quicken account, I started the app. It asked me to log in, promptly telling me “Your account is temporarily locked”. Huh?

I engaged “chat” support (the only option on Saturday). Many of the suggestions I believe were clear indicators that the support team is woefully inadequately trained:

* Passwords cannot be over 20 characters
* Passwords cannot be 16 or more characters
* Passwords cannot be complex

So fine, I did the “forgot password” process, set the password to a brain-dead simple password, same problem. If I actually put in an incorrect password, the dialog instead told me the credentials were incorrect; the first accurate feedback I’ve seen from the logon.

I waited until after the holiday, and engaged telephone support. After a very long process, they finally agreed this bug is in the server side (after all I couldn’t log in from different browsers on different computers with different operating systems). I was promised the issue would be resolved in 24 to 48 hours.

Three days later, Friday the 29th, I again engaged support. And asked since the time promised to resolve had elapsed, why it was still not working. Support looked up my ticket number, and said there was no progress noted.

This is absurd! I’ve put in hours trying to use a product I bought that has never had a single second of functionality.

Quicken - it is now time to just unlock the account, and extend my subscription by as many months as the days I spent trying to make this work.

Ticket numbers

767 9565
also

At this point, I just want a refund. Quicken clearly does not have sufficiently skilled staff.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • geekzero
    geekzero Member ✭✭
    Thanks, almost very helpful. But Quicken has further serious bugs: filling out the refund form, first it fails to upload the PDF of the order confirmation email, then it fails to submit with an error "An error occurred while sending request to server."

Quicken: Please refund immediately, your process for getting a refund is also broken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you contact Quicken Support:
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • geekzero
    geekzero Member ✭✭
    Quicken support has been utterly useless so far. I'll try again but have extremely low expectations after the proof of the last week and their utter inability to correct or fix anything.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Hello @geekzero,

Thank you for visiting the Community and sharing your issue, although I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that you're experiencing because of it. 

The "Account Temporarily Locked" message that you're receiving in Quicken is an issue that we are aware of and currently working on. Unfortunately, there is no ETA on when a solution can be expected, as of yet.

If you have not already done so, I'd suggest taking a look at your Network and Privacy settings for your PC. We recommend disabling any VPN's that may be active, as well as making sure that your Privacy Settings are not too strict.

Additionally, I'd also recommend temporarily removing any Proxies that you may have set up. You may do so by accessing your Proxy Settings via Windows Settings and toggling the switch for "Manual Proxy Setup" to off. 

You may also consider taking a look at an ongoing Discussion regarding this issue for any further insight and/or steps that may be helpful in getting this resolved for you. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7875920/account-locked#latest

Please post back and let us know if this information helps to resolve this matter for you, or if you'd like to move forward with your refund request.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @geekzero, IF you meet the criteria (as to when you bought Quicken) ONLY
    Quicken Support can get you a refund.
    This is a user-to-user forum ... and we don't have the authority to issue a refund.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • geekzero
    geekzero Member ✭✭
    Frankly that's as useless as the "passwords can't be 16 characters or more" I got from the first Quicken support person.

I have replicated this problem on three browsers on two operating systems on four different computers.

This is most definitely a server-side bug. I spent enough years in SaaS systems to know the differences.
  • geekzero
    geekzero Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > @geekzero, IF you meet the criteria (as to when you bought Quicken) ONLY
    > Quicken Support can get you a refund.This is a user-to-user forum ... and we don't have the authority to issue a refund.

Thanks, I was hoping this channel would reach them as well.
This discussion has been closed.