Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Error messages when performing a backup

I get the following three messages boxes when backing up my Quicken file. I click OK on each message box and the next message box appears.
-- Unable to close file
-- Unable to load item list file
-- Unable to re-load current file after copy

The final message states that Quicken successfully created the backup.

Comments

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @jhoffman68

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That is quite odd. Do you by chance have your file stored on a cloud storage? Are the backups successfully made each time or is the message not accurate? If the backups do work are you able to successfully load them or do they not let you? We may need to test this last one just to make sure it's working successfully.

Once you get a chance to test let us know the results and the answers to the other questions! 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jhoffman68jhoffman68 Member ✭✭
    Do you by chance have your file stored on a cloud storage?
    -- Not on cloud storage. I store the backups on an external drive.
    Are the backups successfully made each time or is the message not accurate?
    -- The backups are successfully made each time.
    If the backups do work are you able to successfully load them or do they not let you?
    -- Restoration of a recent backup worked successfully.

Today, when I perform a backup the issue did not occur. Go figure?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is any cloud backup software (Dropbox, MS OneDrive, Norton, etc.) actively accessing your Quicken data file while Quicken is running?
    If so, configure this backup software to NOT access the active Quicken data file while Quicken is running. Consider sending the Automatic Backup files created by Quicken to the cloud backup instead ... belts and suspenders. One can never have enough backup files.

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @jhoffman68

That is odd. Normally from my experiences I've had rough times with files stored cloud storage affecting backups but that's not the case here. Did anything else seem out of the ordinary the times that the backups were giving those messages?  Let us know if those issues do pop up again as well.

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco