Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

OL 293-A with Fidelity Update

Quicken for Windows Premier R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23.

There is a stock split transaction from TD Ameritrade showing in the Quicken file used for Fidelity.

Tried running Validate and Repair and a Super Validate and this did not resolve the issue.

Comments

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @kemetivier,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please, review this error-specific support article regarding the error you provided.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • kemetivierkemetivier Member ✭✭
    We can get a new test file to upload the account just fine. The old Quicken file has been giving the OL 293 error since last Friday.

It happened a couple of weeks ago and we spoke to Taylor, who resolved the issue, but now we are getting the same error again for this account.
    Is there a way to edit the QDF file being used?
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a stock split transaction from TD Ameritrade showing in the Quicken file used for Fidelity.
    I'm confused as to your comment above. As far as I know Fidelity uses Direct Connect with Quicken, so you should not be receiving this error message. Are you downloading directly from Fidelity and importing the file?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    We can get a new test file to upload the account just fine. The old Quicken file has been giving the OL 293 error since last Friday.

It happened a couple of weeks ago and we spoke to Taylor, who resolved the issue, but now we are getting the same error again for this account.
    Thank you for the additional information.

If you haven't yet, you can try creating a copy of the file and validating and/or super validating the copied file to see if the issue still occurs in the copied file.
    • File > Save a copy as...
    Alternatively, you can also try restoring a backup from before the issue (re)occurred. 
    -Quicken Anja
    @GeoffG I can understand the confusion. There is obviously some corruption in the Quicken data file used for Fidelity. Especially if there is TD Ameritrade transaction information showing in the validate and repair data log.

I just need to help clean up that file so we can move forward with the updates.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that's the case, sounds like there is data corruption beyond what the file validation can correct. You best recourse is restore back to a file prior to this issue presenting itself.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • Joe1256Joe1256 Member ✭✭
    OL-293-A Fidelity , Fix it already only time it work is when I download the Mundo Patch
This discussion has been closed.