Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Unable to Sync with Synchrony Bank Credit Cards

Any idea what is going on (and when it will be fixed) regarding syncing/download issues with Synchrony? Beginning early last week, there was a Quicken pop up saying there was an issue with Synchrony and to be patient. That pop-up stopped today and not only will Synchrony still not sync, I can't reset the account either. I'll get some nebuolus, non-useful, error saying it's not possible. When syncing 'normally' Quicken says my password is incorrect, asks me to re-enter it (which I do) and then completes, but nothing is synced and if I try to sync again, it says the password is not correct...
Quicken 2020, version R26.23, Build 27.1.26.23

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer

Hello @Dechief5

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look to see if we were still having any issues with Synchrony but was not seeing any. Let's see if we could get your account back up and running with by deactivating/reactivating it.

The articles to deactivate and to reactivate quicken can be found here. I would also recommend saving a backup before doing so that way there's something easy to revert back to. 

Please try out the steps provided above and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Dechief5

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look to see if we were still having any issues with Synchrony but was not seeing any. Let's see if we could get your account back up and running with by deactivating/reactivating it.

The articles to deactivate and to reactivate quicken can be found here. I would also recommend saving a backup before doing so that way there's something easy to revert back to. 

Please try out the steps provided above and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Dechief5Dechief5 Member ✭✭
    It looks like deactivating and re-activating the account worked. Thanks!
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member ✭✭✭
    I am unable to download transactions from Amazon and Sam's Club, both Synchrony accounts. It appears that Synchrony has changed the login URL to the following: amazon.syf.com and samsclub.syf.com.
    I tried to "add: amazon from scratch and received the error; "Sorry we encountered an error (It's not your fault). See attached...
    Thanks,
    Greg

Agree - my Amazon downloads are no longer working again and Greg is correct about the change in URL. Here's hoping Quciken will make the required software changes soon to address...
    @"Quicken Colin" @"Quicken Tamara" @"Quicken Dave" @Quicken_Tyka - I can't tag Quicken Francisco, but am hoping one or more of you will see this and escalate appropriately this new issue described above with Synchrony bank
  • mcphersonkentmcphersonkent Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue for my Amazon CC.
  • mcphersonkentmcphersonkent Member ✭✭
    Deactivating/Reactivating did not solve the problem either.
  • buzzard192buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    I am no longer able to connect my Amazon Synchrony Bank card with quicken. It's worked flawlessly for quite some time. Recently there was a notice in Quicken that there was an issue with Synchrony and be patient. I didn't have any issues when this notice was occurring, but starting yesterday I get an error when downloading for this card.

I have tried deactivating and reactivating it and I receive the error: "Sorry we encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

The website just recently changed from www.synchronycredit.com to amazon.syf.com - perhaps this is causing some of the issues?

Quicken 2020, version R26.23, Build 27.1.26.23
    edited June 5
    I am in the same boat with my Amazon card. I created a new thread as will since this one has an answer that was accepted.

• meeka85meeka85 Member
    Hello - this has been going on for a couple days now. I am always having one issue or another with Quicken and my Amazon Synchrony account but this is a new one. Started with CC-501 error, then CC-601, and then CC-800. I tried resetting and got an error. I tried deactivating and then it couldn't sign me in again. Anyone else having issues or a have a solution? I am so sick of these issues.

Thank you.
  • jsen215jsen215 Member
    I am experiencing downloading issues from Amazon's Synchrony bank. Anyone else having this problem ? It was fine 2 days ago.
  • John NastasiJohn Nastasi Member ✭✭
    Yes, same problem here.
  • jsen215jsen215 Member
    Getting error CC-601 Cannot find account with non-zero balance...
  • jsen215jsen215 Member
    Having same issue with Amazon Synchrony Bank. CC 601 - cannot find account. Looks like the bank's URL has also changed. Quicken, please fix your code.
  • williams_sdwilliams_sd Member ✭✭
    I had the same issue with my Amazon Synchrony Bank credit card. Error 601.

I deactivated the online setting and then tried to reset, but get error.
  • mpbundympbundy Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with my Amazon/Synchroncy updates and the errors have followed the patterns as described by other users (above). This morning was the first time I was prompted to reset the account, and that was followed by error 601.
  • Steven EhmannSteven Ehmann Member
    About one week ago, I began receiving CC-501 error messages for my Amazon Prime Store Card - Synchrony Bank downloads. This connection has previously worked well for several years.
    The error message eventually subsided and the connection began working again. A few days later, the connection stopped working again. This time, I deactivated downloads and tried to reestablish the connection in the Quicken program. When I entered my login credentials, I received the error message "Sorry. We encountered an error (It's not your fault.)"
    If I enter the same credentials at https://amazon.syf.com/login/, I can access my account just fine. Help please! Is anyone else experiencing problems with this interface? I've tried all my usual tricks - validate and repair, rebooting the computer, etc. with no success ...
    Thank you for your help, community!
  • will66puwill66pu Member
    experiencing similar issue. Synchrony account will not update in Quicken. Login credentials work fine when logging into Synchrony website directly. The current Quicken error message when attempting to update this account is a CC-601. i.e. Quicken cannot find the account
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists after completing the steps outlined in the article please contact Quicken Support

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • r-e-lr-e-l Member ✭✭
    Can Quicken get no the phone with them and figure what is going on? do we really have so many users that in one day all got zero balance or haven't logged in to the Amazon account for that long?

clearly something changed on the backend side, why send users to do busy work just to say call support?
    The page regarding CC-601 does not apply. I have constant transactions (multiple per week) so that is not the case here. Again, we all are experiencing the same issue occurring at the same time. Clearly this is a Quicken issue, not a user/account issue.
    Ditto. Quicken support needs to be more reactive to customers when they report a legitmate issue. These nonsensical delays are hurting your customers and creating a bad customer experience.
    I was able to reactivate the Amazon Synchrony connection this morning. Had to go through the previous month's transactions because Quicken didn't know it had already downloaded and matched them, but hopefully this was a one time thing.
    I too was able to download from Amazon as well as Sam's Club. They both errored during OSU with a cc-601, but when I updated them separately they worked. I would be very interested in finding out why the issue started and what was done to resolve it. Thanks @buzzard192 .
    Greg
    Agreed with @Greg Brown and @buzzard192 . I am now able to connect and downlaod from my Amazon account. It *appears* the issue was that Synchrony bank, without notification, changed the URL used to access their credit cards. For example, Amazon, prior to a couple days ago was 'syncbank.com/amazon'. It is now 'amazon.syf.com'. Can't really fault Quciken for this one, and in fact, they did seem to respond relatively quickly to get it fixed - although the VERY unhelpful info posted by Quicken_Tyka is a perfect example of how NOT to support customers and shows her complete lack of understanding - and lack of reading the problem descriptions - for those on this thread.
  • williams_sdwilliams_sd Member ✭✭
    I was getting the CC-601 error yesterday, so I deactivated my Amazon online access, then tried to reactivate it, but it failed.

Today I was able to set up the online access, and download transactions. But Quicken failed to match transactions from last month. I tried to match them manually, but was unsuccessful, so I had download the duplicates, then re-enter the category and memo for each transaction and then delete the duplicate transactions.

Quicken has some opportunities to improve the user experience:
    1) Promptly notify users when there is a known issue with transaction downloads.
    2) Modify the manual match function so the user can actually make manual matches.
    3) Update the transaction download so that duplicate transactions are not downloaded.
    I believe the matching problem is because all the previous entries are already matched with a downloaded transaction, so when the transactions are re-downloaded, it cannot be matched with them, even manually. I tried unclearing the old transactions, however, there is no way to unassociate transactions so they can be associated with a new downloaded transaction.
  • lvportalvporta Member
    Having the same issue with Belk & JC Penney credit cards (2 other Synchrony branded credit cards.

Was able to solve for Sam's cards and Paypal cards by deactivating & reactivating today.

This did not work for Belk & JC Penney today.......I think its the same issue Quicken.....Please solve this problem .....Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.