Quick Pay default account

I have two checking accounts that are configured for QuickPay. Unfortunately the checking account I use the least comes up first. It would be helpful if we could configure a default account to use with Quick Pay.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Baby_Bob
    Baby_Bob Member ✭✭
    It would ... I solved this issue by renaming the account and putting 01 in front of the account I wanted to pick first... the 02 for second... etc.... not elegant but it works.
  • Elysse
    Elysse Member
    It would be very helpful to be able to filter this section by Account. We have a few accounts and they each have bills/income entries. I would like to be able to filter this list by account so that I can see exactly what is coming for a particular account. I contacted support and they indicated that this can not currently be done and suggested I post this here.
    Thank you!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A way to do this today is to check Reminders to show in register: open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and check Reminders to show in register > Next 12 Months
  • Elysse
    Elysse Member
    Hmmm, ok thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for but possibly a suitable workaround.
  • tomglex
    tomglex Member
    Sometimes I forget to check the account from which a bill (Biller Name) is being paid. That creates an accounting and/or account-transfer hassle. If there were a user-settable default payment account for each Biller Name, I would seldom make the error.
  • Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    In the "Make a Quick Payment" screen, the "Account to use" field defaults the alphabetic first account from you payment accounts. That is rarely the account I want to use, and have accidently scheduled payments from the wrong account when in a hurry. It would be really nice to be able to designate a default account to use, but then you can pull the drop down to select another account if you need to. It can be frustrating to use the way it is currently designed. Should be an easy fix because its just software, right?
  • AndrewFuqua
    AndrewFuqua Member ✭✭
    I agree! I've wanted this enhancement for years. We can filter the graph at the bottom, but that filter doesn't affect the calendar nor the table at the top. It totally should. When I'm using this to project cash flow for a given account, it would be helpful of the table at the top and the calendar would filter with the same drop-down selection.
  • Njfjr
    Njfjr Member
    I am looking for the same thing.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Mark73012,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. Please, be sure to add your own vote as well by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭
    The Bills & Income tab has 3 sub-tabs, Bills, Income & Transfers, Projected Balances.

Both the Income & Transfers and Projected Balances tabs can be filtered by selected Account, but the Bills cannot which doesn't make sense.

Request adding the ability to filter Bills by a selected Account.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @spratleywa

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to sort the Bills and Income section by account.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~